Transfers-Anyone Know How Many Players.....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Transfers-Anyone Know How Many Players.....

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:47 pm

.......have signed-up, ‘entered the portal’ to transfer so far this season past???

Just curious how that working out with the new Transfer rules, I’ve tried to look it up, but only the ‘High Profile’ are being listed by various ‘news’ sites. Cannot find where a listing of ALL players wanting to transfer. :?
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transfers-Anyone Know How Many Players.....

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm

I don't know where the list can be accessed. I assume on the NCAA site.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:48 pm

I checked the NCAA Site...... I believe a NCAA Member ID is required on the site.

.......still haven’t found a listing, although I did run across where Tate Martell plans on paying the Mountaineers a visit.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:57 am

I think he was there today. I would give you a heads up about him, but I really don’t know much. He was highly rated out of high school. He had a really good outing vs Rutgers this year. He is fast, but they decided to mostly give Haskins the nod this year. He is due to graduate in the spring after 21/2 years so he couldn’t be a dummy. He looks to me like a JT Barrett type of guy with a better arm. He must have thought that with the change in coaches that his skill set didn’t match what the new coach was looking for at Ohio State. There are some Buckeyes who are butt hurt because he is jumping ship, but as far as I can tell he hasn’t done anything to deserve their anger.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:26 am

I’m just watching how Neal Brown is putting things together in Morgantown...... he’s looking for QB and so far has looked at a couple of different types, both running and pocket passers. And on the other side, it appears the days of the 30-stack are over.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Mountainman wrote:I’m just watching how Neal Brown is putting things together in Morgantown...... he’s looking for QB and so far has looked at a couple of different types, both running and pocket passers. And on the other side, it appears the days of the 30-stack are over.

Martell is billed as a running qb with an arm. I didn't get to see a lot of him this year. I saw flashes of really good and flashes of inexperience. That is about all I can say about him.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I’m just watching how Neal Brown is putting things together in Morgantown...... he’s looking for QB and so far has looked at a couple of different types, both running and pocket passers. And on the other side, it appears the days of the 30-stack are over.

Martell is billed as a running qb with an arm. I didn't get to see a lot of him this year. I saw flashes of really good and flashes of inexperience. That is about all I can say about him.

Yep, read where he never lost a game in high school and is one tough customer..... appears he’s a little antsy about Fields guy transferring to the Buckeyes. I’ve read where Coach Brown likes versatility in his offense, could be Martell is the guy to make it happen. We’ll see...... 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 pm

I think he felt betrayed by the coaches getting Fields to transfer. I can't really blame him for feeling that way. I hope he does well where ever he goes.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:50 am

Reports say Martell is going to Miami......... this Transfer Portal along with the new Transfer Rules has created quite a whirlwind once a domino falls, especially with the quarterback spot.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 am

Mountainman wrote:Reports say Martell is going to Miami......... this Transfer Portal along with the new Transfer Rules has created quite a whirlwind once a domino falls, especially with the quarterback spot.

I heard that this morning. He has several high school buddies at Miami.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 am

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Reports say Martell is going to Miami......... this Transfer Portal along with the new Transfer Rules has created quite a whirlwind once a domino falls, especially with the quarterback spot.

I heard that this morning. He has several high school buddies at Miami.

Good for him and his buddies...... 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Yep, I am a believer that if the kid doesn't want to be there he is better off not being there.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:01 pm

When this all started the transfer rule would have been lunacy. As time progressed and the schools and NCAA-KGB took over, the students became like the guy in the brick fight that had not bricks. Maybe they will have some for a couple of years until the anti-christ figures it out.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:03 pm

donovan wrote:When this all started the transfer rule would have been lunacy. As time progressed and the schools and NCAA-KGB took over, the students became like the guy in the brick fight that had not bricks. Maybe they will have some for a couple of years until the anti-christ figures it out.

I don't think the rule is a bad thing. If a kid commits to a school, then gets there and realizes that he was misled, the coaching staff changes, or his situation changes he should have the right to leave. Back in the day, Woody and Bo would both offer kids they had no intention of playing, but they didn't want the other to get them. That is wrong IMO. The coaches to what is best for them and hopefully they team, but they don't do what is best for the kid unless their interests meld. This evens the playing field some for the kid. As a fan I don't like for a player to jump ship. Especially a QB, but face facts, one kid makes it and the others don't really get a chance. Some of these guys may play for another team and if they can and they want to go, they should be able to go.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 pm

I didn't want to say anything, because you posted that comment of how he might fit with the new Mountaineer scheme. Both Martell and Jalen Hurts have been transfer options for Miami.

The question about Hurts, was his single year of eligibility, and Miami was going to continue pressing for other QB prospects.

Hurts was figured to come, but I guess he didn't want to risk having to sit if Miami also brought in Martell. So, Tate to Miami, Jalen to Oklhoma.

I think the Sooners will be a great fit for Hurts. We've already seen what a mobile quarterback can do in that offense. Two consecutive Heisman winners.

Lincoln Riley gets another reprieve. He has another year before he has to replace a one shot QB.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”