Clemson -v- Alabama

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Clemson -v- Alabama

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:54 am

---

Somebody tell me, when was the last time that Alabama was held scoreless in a Second Half of a game..?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:55 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

Somebody tell me, when was the last time that Alabama was held scoreless in a Second Half of a game..?

About 5 minutes ago.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:02 am

---

:lol:
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:02 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

Maybe 2000 against Auburn.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 am

---

Alabama's last points in this game were @ 14:18 in the 2cnd quarter, a field goal on Clemson's 7 yard line.

Clemson just absolutely shut Bama down in the red zone, Between the 5 & goal. Simply Amazing.

When Alabama's running backs cannot push forward for 1 yard around the goal line, you know there is some strength in the middle of your line.

Dabo beat Saban all over the turf tonight.

Cane... [__]

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 am

Clemson scored combined 74-19 against #1 and # 3. You won't here that from Finebaum.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:54 am

billybud wrote:These are two very good teams (regardless of Donovan's snipe) .

Two great quarterbacks, receivers that are among the best out there...and Clemson's D line is terrific.

Nothing was learned from this game. Everyone's analysis is correct. This game was a product of an extended journey to see the Wizzard. They didn't play for a month, then played a game a week and half ago and then on a Monday night, starting at 5:00 PM on the West Coast where the nearest school was 2500 miles away and it was 8:00 PM on a work night they played a game where the VAST majority of the country has forgotten college football. Those that did watch had to listen to ESPN announcers prattle more than I do about nothing of which I am the resident authority.

Put this game on New Year's Day and the whole country would be there. They were giving away tickets tonight. Mr. Billybud may think this was a well-played game and was great, whatever he said, but it wasn't.

Mean Gene Okerman and Super Dave Osbourne dying this past week was bigger news than tonight's game. May all three RIP.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:41 am

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Clemson scored combined 74-19 against #1 and # 3. You won't here that from Finebaum.

Winning the last 2 games vs undefeated teams, to become the first team since the early 1900's to win 15 games in a single season.

Has anyone else watched the post game press conferences?

Alabama players & Saban prattled on about not playing smart, shooting themselves in the foot and Clemson taking advantage of Alabama's mistakes.

Tua actually said, "They weren't really doing anything to beat us. We were just killing ourselves, shooting ourselves in the foot."

It all feels a bit too political. They are playing up to the cameras for recruitment purposes.

Clemson beat them ... Not accidentally ... Out Right.

Clemson was absolutely the better team. Alabama is making excuses.

Excuses won't change the score board. Bama got embarrassed, and aren't giving Clemson the credit for winning.

Classless.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 am

Mountainman wrote:Well Crap......... I’ve been watching that Dr. Pepper Fansville stuff all season long..... and just who ends up being the THIEF WHO STOLE THE NATIONAL TITLE TROPHY???

Good Grief.........

How else do you think he's gonna get his hands close to that Trophy, where he's at now..? 8)

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 am

Who did steal the trophy? Dr. Pepper was always my idol. Appointments only at 10, 2, and 4. The remedy. Prune Juice.

Saban did not appear to be a great coach when things were not going his way. Not too good when the script was not followed.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:48 am

---

Les Miles was the culprit.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 am

It's a little sad....the Mad Hatter and the Old Ball Coach....

Oh well...SEC...SEC...SEC
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 pm

billybud wrote:It's a little sad....the Mad Hatter and the Old Ball Coach....

As you passively aggressively chant SEC, we will recognize that the ACC is their only worthy opponent and give you full accolades that your representative is all you want it to be.

In a National Poll, I personally conducted, .07% of the people care. I am one of the .07%.

On a more enlightening subject, the PAC 12. .0022% care. Talk about a conference in disarray. Another survey, which I assure you I did NOT take, of all PAC 12 Presidents & Athletic Directors there are a total of three testicles.

And that's my report.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:37 pm

donovan wrote:

As you passively aggressively chant SEC, we will recognize that the ACC is their only worthy opponent and give you full accolades that your representative is all you want it to be.

In a National Poll, I personally conducted, .07% of the people care. I am one of the .07%.

On a more enlightening subject, the PAC 12. .0022% care. Talk about a conference in disarray. Another survey, which I assure you I did NOT take, of all PAC 12 Presidents & Athletic Directors there are a total of three testicles.

And that's my report.

The B10 has Delaney and which means no testicles.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:19 pm

donovan wrote:

And that's my report.

donovan....you are so completely eaten up by anti SEC feelings that you can't recognize irony...

the irony that two storied SEC coaches are just parodies in ads....(Les Miles and the Old Ball Coach, Spurrier)..My SEC chant is always tongue in cheek.

Passive aggressive? Maybe. But not a bat crap crazy dog charging to the end of the chain at any imagined sound.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”