Clemson Testing Positive..?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Clemson Testing Positive..?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:13 am

---

This is the substance that Dabo says his players have a sliver, trace amount in their drug test:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ost-arine-MK-2 ... rk:28:pf:0

I'm not speculating as to how this ended up in their systems. Just showing what it does when it finds its way into the human body.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Clemson Testing Positive..?

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:31 am

I'll speculate. Assuming the unknowingly took it. Most likely was in some supplement and 'left off' the label. No matter how much disdain you have for the FDA is is light years better than the 'self-regulation' of the health food outlets such as GNC.

My personal opinion. They knew, bought it, took it and got caught.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:11 am

Ahhhh...the good ole days when you just opened a can of spinach.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:26 am

Or opened a can of old fashioned, non pharmacutically enhanced whupass.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:42 am

donovan wrote:I'll speculate. Assuming the unknowingly took it. Most likely was in some supplement and 'left off' the label. No matter how much disdain you have for the FDA is is light years better than the 'self-regulation' of the health food outlets such as GNC.

Steroids....... a.k.a. Breakfast of Champions.

Be mindful, the NCAA’s list of banned substances is constantly being updated to include additional substances. These athletes are supposed to have ALL supplements they are or have taken cleared by the Training Staff...... as Will Greer regretted not doing. In other words, a substance that was taken some time ago may have been ‘legal’, but added to the list afterwards and picked-up by a subsequent drug test.

We’ll see what the next test reveals....... Clemson will miss that D-Lineman, he’s the real deal, and lose some depth if these indicators come back positive at second time.

.......btw, I see where Alabama also lost 3 players, including their starting left guard, for violation of team rules.
Last edited by Mountainman on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:47 am

donovan wrote:I'll speculate. Assuming the unknowingly took it. Most likely was in some supplement and 'left off' the label. No matter how much disdain you have for the FDA is is light years better than the 'self-regulation' of the health food outlets such as GNC.

Yep. They knew what they were doing.

Since you are a doctor, and probably know my feelings on most regulation, what is your opinion on why supplements of any kind are not treated as "food", since they are "eaten"???
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Pharmaceuticals are assumed to be unsafe until proven safe. Supplements are in reverse, they are assumed safe until proven unsafe.
Does this make sense? Of course not.

Ostraine has been banned in all countries for years.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 pm

donovan wrote:Pharmaceuticals are assumed to be unsafe until proven safe. Supplements are in reverse, they are assumed safe until proven unsafe.
Does this make sense? Of course not.

Ostraine has been banned in all countries for years.

.......saves on the time and costs of clinical trials that way. :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 am

The 2nd test verified. The disturbing report and this is not one of my usual impeccable Aristotelian conspiratorial theories, are the comments from Clemson officials, including Coach Swinney. The kids sound like stereotypical drug users and the Clemson officials are in enabling denial. My guess. Some strength coach got the kids to take a supplement, health food store energy drink and told them it was okay. Ostarine is as available at GNC type stores under Hardcore Supplements, most likely not labeled, as grits are in South Carolina.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:12 pm

That kind of throws a wrench in my national champion pick. Clemson better look for a wider inquiry by the NCAA on this.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Spence wrote:That kind of throws a wrench in my national champion pick. Clemson better look for a wider inquiry by the NCAA on this.

Mine, too ...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Spence wrote:That kind of throws a wrench in my national champion pick. Clemson better look for a wider inquiry by the NCAA on this.

Not mine....... September thru November I can’t stand ‘em, but I’m pullin for that bunch in the CFP. :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:28 pm

donovan wrote:The 2nd test verified. The disturbing report and this is not one of my usual impeccable Aristotelian conspiratorial theories, are the comments from Clemson officials, including Coach Swinney. The kids sound like stereotypical drug users and the Clemson officials are in enabling denial. My guess. Some strength coach got the kids to take a supplement, health food store energy drink and told them it was okay. Ostarine is as available at GNC type stores under Hardcore Supplements, most likely not labeled, as grits are in South Carolina.

If one is to postulate this as the case then it is a bit strange that it is as isolated on the team to a mere 3 players.

If in some way this ties to a Strength & Conditioning coach; I would instead suggest, that while working out, one of the guys asked a Strength coach what is in his bottle. After the Strength coach told him, the player(s) then went out on their own, without telling anyone, and bought it for themselves ~ the Strength coach not thinking when he told his guys, that they were planning on acquiring some of their own, thought nothing of it when they asked him, so it didn't occur to him that he should probably say, "But don't take it, because there is a banned substance in this stuff".

Again ... this is all based on an "If". Nothing more than undocumentable speculation.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:47 am

I was also curious about the three being the only one's that tested positive...but also curious about the use of the word "Sliver" when discussing the amount found in testing.

Don't know whether the players were aware or not aware...but every football player knows about testing for banned substance. Either not aware, or just stupid.

If supplement manufacturers are not listing all ingredients...they should be.

The FDA has been struggling to keep up...

"Hidden active drug ingredients continue to be identified in products that are misrepresented as dietary supplements and promoted for sexual enhancement, weight loss, bodybuilding and/or pain relief. Over the past decade, the FDA has posted on its website hundreds of public warnings and recall announcements related to these types of fraudulent products. The FDA’s tainted products database can help consumers identify some of these potentially harmful products. However, FDA is unable to test and identify all products marketed as dietary supplements that have potentially harmful hidden ingredients. Even if a product is not included in the list, consumers should be cautious about using certain products, especially those promoted for sexual enhancement, weight loss, bodybuilding and/or pain relief. Consumers should also be on alert for products that offer immediate or quick results and that sound too good to be true. The FDA is committed to protecting consumers by identifying and removing these potentially dangerous products from the market. However, it is not possible for the agency to test and identify all tainted products."

Donovan?...he should know better than to purchase those sexual enhancement products out of gas station restroom machines...who knows what they contain?

Return to “General Discussion”