Ohio State -TTUN

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State -TTUN

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:25 am

It will probably end today, but I thought I would post one last time: Days since TTUN beat Ohio State- 2555. It has been a great run. I decided to go to the game. I have been in Cbus for the last 3 days and It would be wrong not to go. I saw the first game in the streak, I may as well see the last. I also couldn't stand the thought of selling my tickets to a fan if TTUN even in the rain.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Ohio State -TTUN

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Yippee...In my heart, I knew you could not stay away. You may just be the straw.

I'm not changing my pick.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Michigan doesn't have the IT factor. The coaching is not there, the weapons are not there, the stuff just ain't there. Spence, the Buckeyes have this wrapped up. 34-19 off a crazy blocked punt.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Congrats Spence :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't want to say I told you so, but..... :oops:

This team is a mentally soft joke. Harbaugh has the pieces but he's running the offense with Pep freaking Hamilton. And our vaunted #1 defense, as I've always known, is no mas for Ohio State schematically. And our genius coaching staff prepares for this mismatch as if it's business as usual.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Let's play great on defense, but get burned for touchdowns on 3 plays with defensive backs who just got beat, but play ball control offense and try to outlast our juggernaut opponent: 41 points allowed

Pay no attention to defense and focus on offense like Oklahoma: 41 points allowed

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:16 pm

donovan wrote:I'm not changing my pick.

I wish I had ...

One thing this game will do for us, though. It will ensure we Do not see a Notre Dame / Michigan Playoff rematch.

If the score holds, it will however propel the Buckeyes into the tournament with a decisive win over Northwestern.

I know what some would say. They'll use the remember last year loss to Iowa, then compare the loss to Purdue as the excuse. But, if Georgia loses to Alabama, they'll have 2 losses --- I don't think there is anyone in front of them Ohio State won't jump over --- unless Oklahoma beats Texas next week. If the Longhorns win the remach of the Red River, OSU is in. If the Sooners win the Big XII Championship, then a conversation will happen.

Eric wrote:Pay no attention to defense and focus on offense like Oklahoma: 41 points allowed

Make that 48 points allowed.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 pm

I would put in Oklahoma. Ohio State will go right back to playing StupidBall right after this Michigan game. No rushing attack to speak of, idiotic penalties, bad pass blocking, no pressure from the d-line, LBs and safeties out of place. Northwestern will put up 3x the fight against OSU that we saw from Michigan today and if they meet Alabama they will lose 56-10.

Oklahoma might lose 63-42.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Well, the committee might bring up the Purdue loss, and the 51 points given up to Maryland. And I see that. An Oklahoma loss would likely spur some conversation. I think a Sooners win will put them in.
Last edited by collegefbfan-8898 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:34 pm

This is the problem I diagnosed with Harbaugh's "rebuild" of Michigan football. They are built to beat the rest of the Big 10 to get to Ohio State weekend with a shot to win. But they meet Ohio State and pasted on defense and their offensive scheme doesn't adapt to try to meet Ohio State on their own terms. Plus the huge psychological edge that Ohio State has built up to this point.

But, wiping Wisconsin or Michigan State's offense off the face of the Earth doesn't matter if you lose to Ohio State! The route to a Big 10 championship runs through Columbus. You have to build your team to beat the Buckeyes and hope it's good enough matchup wise to take out the rest of the conference.

Hopefully getting crushed like this will cause this coaching staff to look in the mirror and see what needs to change as far as scheme or recruiting goes. I'm sure it won't.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:35 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Well, the committee might bring up the Purdue loss, and the 51 points given up to Maryland. And I see that. An Oklahoma loss would likely spur some conversation.

I don't like the idea of putting in Georgia if they lose to Bama or putting in LSU over Ohio State, even though I'm positive those are better teams. At least it'd be funny to watch Tua annihilate Ohio State :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 pm

at least we all got this one wrong....LOL! I don't remember seeing anyone pick OSU.

Correction: Looks like Spence, mountainman, and highfly picked OSU. I'm taking a beatin this week.
Last edited by Derek on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Eric wrote:
collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Well, the committee might bring up the Purdue loss, and the 51 points given up to Maryland. And I see that. An Oklahoma loss would likely spur some conversation.

I don't like the idea of putting in Georgia if they lose to Bama or putting in LSU over Ohio State, even though I'm positive those are better teams. At least it'd be funny to watch Tua annihilate Ohio State :lol:

I agree. I simply don't like the idea of the loser of the SEC Champ game going to the playoffs.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:28 pm

--

LSU is not a better team. They really only had one good win, which is when they caught Georgia flatfooted. But Georgia's response to that loss was to turn around and smash everyone who crossed their path.

LSU's response to beating Georgia was to squeak by, and hope their offense can manage enough yardage to get the field goal kicker in range.

The loss to FlurDah in the swamp is forgivable. And, yes, we all knew Alabama would beat LSU. But the game was in Baton Rouge, where the Tide held them scoreless, 29-0. When you lose like that at home, you don't deserve a second chance.

I do believe LSU's defense would give OSU a struggle. However, LSU's offense is as bad as people thought the Buckeyes defense was supposed to be, going in to the Michigan game. If LSU/Ohio State were a game on our Pick'Ems, I'd take the Buckeyes.

Georgia is probably a better team than Ohio State. Though, I do not see Georgia losing to Alabama, then still getting the Playoff seed. I believe the conversation right now will be, Ohio St/Oklahoma. The flip side of the talk, will be what happens if Texas & Northwestern win next weekend.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Derek wrote:at least we all got this one wrong....LOL! I don't remember seeing anyone pick OSU.

Correction: Looks like Spence, mountainman, and highfly picked OSU. I'm taking a beatin this week.

Hey Derek, you went 6 of 8 in yesterday's picks ... It's just, so did Spence, Mountainman and Doss ... while Highfly went 7 of 8.

Cane... [__]

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm

That would be hilarious if Northwestern and Texas win. Can we get Northwestern vs. Utah in the Rose Bowl, please? :lol:

They might be forced to put Georgia in at #4 and have them play #1 Alabama again.

Return to “General Discussion”