2018 Predictions Week Eight --- Week Seven Winner(s)

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

2018 Predictions Week Eight --- Week Seven Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:20 am

/

The Link for the Week Eight Picks is up and ready, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11727

---

Seriously, I'm going to have to ask a tie breaking question if this keeps up.

Three of us topped the score board this week, scoring 13 of 20 --- the winners this week; Mountainman, Spence & Myself --- Yay Us!

Week Seven Participant Scores:

Mountainman = 13
Spence = 13
Cane = 13
Fanatic = 12
Dossenator = 12
Donovan = 11
Derek = 9
Highfly = 8

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 2018 Predictions Week Eight --- Week Seven Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 am

/

You can survey the game winners and their margins of victory, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11726

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:23 am

/

You can view the current leader board in Pick Totals, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11692&p=114497#p114497

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:27 am

I’ve heard that ‘ties’ are like “Kissing Your Sister”, but I sure as hell ain’t drivin’ to Chillicothe or South Bend to find out!!!!! :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:03 am

Mountainman wrote:I’ve heard that ‘ties’ are like “Kissing Your Sister”, but I sure as hell ain’t drivin’ to Chillicothe or South Bend to find out!!!!! :lol:

Not because of you afraid you might like it?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

donovan wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I’ve heard that ‘ties’ are like “Kissing Your Sister”, but I sure as hell ain’t drivin’ to Chillicothe or South Bend to find out!!!!! :lol:

Not because of you afraid you might like it?

Ha,ha,ha....... those two would probably show up 36 years later and claim I molested them. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Worse than finding out you did, what if the did. So I think kissing your sister is a reasonable alternative. One year I think I won the contest because I just used Congrove's pick and someone said I was cheating. So left to my own accords, no one is accusing me of skull drudgery.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:52 pm

/

I was once accused of cheating, simply because I asked if I could change one of my picks before the game ...

Not because I actually did change the pick, because I didn't ... just that I asked if I could.

Irony is, had I changed that pick, I would have botched that game, because the team I was going to dump ended up winning.

Ah well ...

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:/

I was once accused of cheating, simply because I asked if I could change one of my picks before the game ...

Not because I actually did change the pick, because I didn't ... just that I asked if I could.

Irony is, had I changed that pick, I would have botched that game, because the teak I was going to dump ended up winning.

Ah well ...

How sad it would be to actually cheat on a game where there is no prize. I don't think anyone here would cheat on the picks game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:32 pm

/

I don't believe so, either.

Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 am

I took a beatin this week....A special thanks to my Dawgs for sending your local high school to play in your place. :oops:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:50 am

Derek wrote:I took a beatin this week....A special thanks to my Dawgs for sending your local high school to play in your place. :oops:

It is so tough midseason when the reality is, 'next year....'

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 am

donovan wrote:
Derek wrote:I took a beatin this week....A special thanks to my Dawgs for sending your local high school to play in your place. :oops:

“Reality - the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.”

.........read the ingredients, warning and side effects label on the bottle before you drink the Kool-Aide. :shock:

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am

Mountainman wrote:
donovan wrote:

“Reality - the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.”

.........read the ingredients, warning and side effects label on the bottle before you drink the Kool-Aide. :shock:

If I wasn't idealistic and notional, I wouldn't be a college football fan. And therein lies the problem. To us that watch, it's an escape. To those that are in charge, it is lucre.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm

donovan wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
donovan wrote:

If I wasn't idealistic and notional, I wouldn't be a college football fan. And therein lies the problem. To us that watch, it's an escape. To those that are in charge, it is lucre.

As you have testified, being a College Football Fan will introduce one to reality. And I must say, the reactions and responses to that introduction vary greatly. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”