Jabberwocky on Week 6

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Jabberwocky on Week 6

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:03 am

Jabberwocky on Week 6

1. Alabama first team to be bowl eligible, Sabin complains student section has empty seats and nobody cares about either.

2. Boise State will be taken off my meanderings as nobody cares nor should they. I certainly don’t. A Pathetic display of nothingness. The run was great, now shoot the Bronco.

3. Georgia is the team. The best part of all of this is Derek is so nervous, he just knows they are going to blow it and he can hardly watch the games. Big ones are coming up, Derek.

4. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Clemson, and West Virginia are all in the same boat; they squeak by and sometimes crush, e.g. Clemson, but in the end, they will all stub their toe and that’s the truth.

5. UCF, the new Boise, will experience what Boise did…their name is not even in the bowl for the drawing and they think it is. And there are some that think it is okay to take their raffle ticket money and not put their ticket in the pot. They shall go nameless.

6. Cane cannot go through one more game like yesterday. Mr. Billybud is asking Mountainman to pass the bottle, not because of the loss, but the disaffirmance they are dead.

7. Also on the nobody cares, but Colorado is for real. Maybe not in the same league as the teams from the part of the country that tried to secede, but very sound. They will win the PAC 12
8. Louisville should defense apparently didn’t have a ticket to get into the game. So early to know to go to a bowl is not happening.

9. Gus Malzahn is overpaid. Ask anybody rooting for hapless Auburn.

10. It was a calamitous Oregon State team that lost to a fun to watch Washington State. Nobody else does, but I like Leach.

11. Maybe Houston is for real in their insignificant unreal conference.

12. BYU is a paper tiger, always has been and until they get a new coach, there is little hope. (There were only five head coaches eligible when they picked Sitake. They will be so slow to replace.) When I went there, Eldon Fortie, was the quarterback. Who cares, not I.)

13. I watched some good games to watch this weekend. Flordia State v Miami, LSU v Florida, UCF v SMU…no wonder I was in a foul mood, too much Florida State. One time I was in a hotel in Daytona and I get up to go to the bathroom and the light reflects on the curtain this long black object, I am talking long. Real long. It was a cockroach. I screamed, Mrs. Donovan woke up and wanted to check out at 2:30 AM so we just canoodled for the rest of the night. Those were the days but I indeed digress.)

14. Washington may have put the nail in Kelly’s coffin. If Petersen was prone to holding grudges and bad blood, which I don’t think he is, it would be to Kelly and the Oregon days. Those were great games but Boise beat them regularly, never lost to them and Kelly isn’t that nice of a guy. So was a good win for a UCLA team that is way too young to compete.

15. Utah beating Stanford does my soul good.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jabberwocky on Week 6

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 am

I’m not sure about Notre Dame stubbing their toe right now. Other than that I agree with Ohio State, Clemson, and West Virginia. Ohio State’s back seven are not good. The defensive backfield is just miserable. As soon as Ohio State plays a team that can match up depth wise, they will lose. People will blame the offense. It won’t be the offense.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:31 am

So, here we have a an opinion about the forthcoming fate for my beloved West Virginia University Mountaineers....... forecasted by what I happen to believe is a man who has demonstrated himself to be observant, thoughtful and reasonable when formulating his honest judgements and conclusions. A man who when communicating to others his judgements and conclusions does so in an eloquent, clear and kindly considerate manner...... as shown in his posting that the Mountaineers will “ stub their toe”.

Well, here in the hills and hollers the the culture, parlance and colloquiums are a little different as the echoes are ringing throughout the Mountaineer Nation, “......Hell, this team gonna’ trip over its own darn feet”
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Sorry we passed off Mark Richt to your team, Cane.....It wasn't personal. LOL

"The best part of all of this is Derek is so nervous, he just knows they are going to blow it and he can hardly watch the games. Big ones are coming up, Derek."

Very nervous. But after Kentucky losing, I wonder if Ga should worry more about Florida than LSU and Kentucky.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Well, BYU, what has happened?
Seminoles, I was pulling hard for ya. What heart and fight. But the comeback, dang.
VT, the Irish was just too tough.
I saw some targeting that looked the same as some other targeting. Some were called while others were reviewed and passed off.
Now, if LSU loses one more game, will Ed O. be on a major hot seat?
Just a random thought: how good will the Iron Bowl be?
Oh, and I went 0-6 betting this weekend. Dang teasers kill me.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:05 pm

Good Grief...... Hasan Defense, Kansas Defensive Back, has won the ADT College Defensive Player of The Week Award.

Congratulations young man...... I suggest you send Will Greer a Thank You note. :oops:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 am

Holgorsen, during his weekly presser, takes some blame for the 3 red zone interceptions last week against Kansas. He says he and staff have emphasized scoring TD’s once they’re in the zone and that’s what Greer was trying to do.

We’ll see how they respond going forward. :roll:

.......btw, listening to one of our Media Talk Shows here in West Virginia and they were talking to one of their counterparts from Iowa State. Word has it the Cyclones are preparing somewhat of a special ‘Welcome to Ames’ when the Mountaineers pay a visit for Saturday Nights Game. It’s doubtful this comes or resembles anything close to what Emily Post would consider cordial. :wink:

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Mountainman wrote:Holgorsen, during his weekly presser, takes some blame for the 3 red zone interceptions last week against Kansas. He says he and staff have emphasized scoring TD’s once they’re in the zone and that’s what Greer was trying to do.

.......btw, listening to one of our Media Talk Shows here in West Virginia and they were talking to one of their counterparts from Iowa State. Word has it the Cyclones are preparing somewhat of a special ‘Welcome to Ames’ when the Mountaineers pay a visit for Saturday Nights Game. It’s doubtful this comes or resembles anything close to what Emily Post would consider cordial. :wink:

A coach emphasizing scoring touchdowns. How to fail to see the insightfulness of that statement.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Mountainman wrote:Holgorsen, during his weekly presser, takes some blame for the 3 red zone interceptions last week against Kansas. He says he and staff have emphasized scoring TD’s once they’re in the zone and that’s what Greer was trying to do.

Emily post never made it to Camp Randall for a night game either. :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 pm

donovan wrote:

A coach emphasizing scoring touchdowns. How to fail to see the insightfulness of that statement.

I must admit that the inverse, converse and contrapositive of that logic is confounding...... :evil: :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Spence wrote:

Emily post never made it to Camp Randall for a night game either. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:06 am

Mountainman wrote:
donovan wrote:

I must admit that the inverse, converse and contrapositive of that logic is confounding...... :evil: :lol:

hmm...

I wonder if coaches Mario Cristobal & Bobby Petrino would postulate that sentiment in hindsight of their games versus Oregon & fsu.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 am

donovan wrote:Jabberwocky on Week 6

1. Alabama first team to be bowl eligible, Sabin complains student section has empty seats and nobody cares about either.

2. Boise State will be taken off my meanderings as nobody cares nor should they. I certainly don’t. A Pathetic display of nothingness. The run was great, now shoot the Bronco.

3. Georgia is the team. The best part of all of this is Derek is so nervous, he just knows they are going to blow it and he can hardly watch the games. Big ones are coming up, Derek.

4. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Clemson, and West Virginia are all in the same boat; they squeak by and sometimes crush, e.g. Clemson, but in the end, they will all stub their toe and that’s the truth.

5. UCF, the new Boise, will experience what Boise did…their name is not even in the bowl for the drawing and they think it is. And there are some that think it is okay to take their raffle ticket money and not put their ticket in the pot. They shall go nameless.

6. Cane cannot go through one more game like yesterday. Mr. Billybud is asking Mountainman to pass the bottle, not because of the loss, but the disaffirmance they are dead.

7. Also on the nobody cares, but Colorado is for real. Maybe not in the same league as the teams from the part of the country that tried to secede, but very sound. They will win the PAC 12
8. Louisville should defense apparently didn’t have a ticket to get into the game. So early to know to go to a bowl is not happening.

10. It was a calamitous Oregon State team that lost to a fun to watch Washington State. Nobody else does, but I like Leach.

12. BYU is a paper tiger, always has been and until they get a new coach, there is little hope. (There were only five head coaches eligible when they picked Sitake. They will be so slow to replace.) When I went there, Eldon Fortie, was the quarterback. Who cares, not I.)

13. I watched some good games to watch this weekend. Flordia State v Miami, LSU v Florida, UCF v SMU…no wonder I was in a foul mood, too much Florida State. One time I was in a hotel in Daytona and I get up to go to the bathroom and the light reflects on the curtain this long black object, I am talking long. Real long. It was a cockroach. I screamed, Mrs. Donovan woke up and wanted to check out at 2:30 AM so we just canoodled for the rest of the night. Those were the days but I indeed digress.)

14. Washington may have put the nail in Kelly’s coffin. If Petersen was prone to holding grudges and bad blood, which I don’t think he is, it would be to Kelly and the Oregon days. Those were great games but Boise beat them regularly, never lost to them and Kelly isn’t that nice of a guy. So was a good win for a UCLA team that is way too young to compete.

16. We're all winners this week, as Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed into the Supreme Court, despite all of the aspersion used in an attempt to assassinate his character.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
donovan wrote:Jabberwocky on Week 6

16. We're all winners this week, as Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed into the Supreme Court, despite all of the aspersion used in an attempt to assassinate his character.

My puberty, beer consumption and ‘Weekly Picks’ records would have disqualified me....... :oops:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 am

I hear that.

Return to “General Discussion”