Preponderancies of Week 5

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Preponderancies of Week 5

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

/

Thanks Mountainman ... you even beat my wife to wishing me a Happy Day ... I won't tell her though. :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Happy Aniversary of the day you were born, Cane. Hope it is a great day for you.

Someone asked me what day was I born and I replied, "I don't know."
"How can you not know?"
"Well, my mother told me it was a certain date."
"Well, you know."
"This is the same woman that told me there is a Santa Claus, she has no credibility."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 pm

/

Well, I know when I was born, because my mother won't let me forget it.

I was born on Her 28th Birthday, so today is my mother's Birthday as well.

:lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Happy Birthday Cane! You are a year older than my wife.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 am

/

Thanx all ...

Now if the `Canes can just give me the best present a guy could ask for by walloping those northern state reprobates tomorrow I'll be shinin' all weekend long ...

Not sure what to expect, however. Because it seems no matter how good or bad 1 team or the other is, it almost always turns into a scrap fest.

I suppose that makes things more fun. Even if anxiety ridden throughout most of the game. The exhilaration tends to be a much more sigh of great relief to the winner ... even if we are left thinking, "I don't know how, or even if we legitimately won that game."

Now, you know me. I don't usually brag when Miami beats a team. And this is not any different. So, expect gleaming joy if we win. Just without all the boasting --- of course, this only applies to regular opponents; if Miami beats flurDah to start next season, expect blustering and bravado --- there are simply some foes you cannot hide your enthusiasm when defeating.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:05 am

donovan wrote:Happy Aniversary of the day you were born, Cane. Hope it is a great day for you.

Someone asked me what day was I born and I replied, "I don't know."
"How can you not know?"
"Well, my mother told me it was a certain date."
"Well, you know."
"This is the same woman that told me there is a Santa Claus, she has no credibility."

........there’s an Old Saying here in the hills and hollers of Wild and Wonderful West ‘by gawd’ Virginia that asks, “.....and how do you know who your daddy is? Cause your momma told you so.” :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:18 am

Spence wrote:Happy Birthday Cane! You are a year older than my wife.

SPENCE!!!!! You just posted your wife’s age on a public forum...... you must be OUTTA YOUR MIND!!!!

Hell, I would never do something that thoughtless and revealing to my wife...... I would simply say ‘Cane and my wife are around the same age, but he’s a lot older than my mistress’. Man-o-man, Spence, you gotta be smarter than that...... :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:42 am

That's what I was thinking too...maybe he opened the 11792 "Full Proof" Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey before you did.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:05 pm

donovan wrote:That's what I was thinking too...maybe he opened the 11792 "Full Proof" Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey before you did.

He used to be smarter than that, so something must have happened...... several years ago when I left the board I sent Spence a ‘Farewell Old Friend’ package with a quart Mason Jar of West Virginia’s finest ‘clear likker’ and Coonskin Cap. Upon my return to the board a few years later he told me he drank the likker and gave the cap to a relative who’s decided to attend WVU....... I can only conculde, based on the information I have, is it must have been the likker that impacted his demonstrated current questionable judgement....... as many a hillbilly can attest, it will do just that. :P

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:Happy Birthday Cane! You are a year older than my wife.

SPENCE!!!!! You just posted your wife’s age on a public forum...... you must be OUTTA YOUR MIND!!!!

Hell, I would never do something that thoughtless and revealing to my wife...... I would simply say ‘Cane and my wife are around the same age, but he’s a lot older than my mistress’. Man-o-man, Spence, you gotta be smarter than that...... :lol:

Nah, I can get away with it now that she thinks I’m senile.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Happy Birthday Cane!!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanx :D
Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”