Boise State v Oklahoma State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Boise State v Oklahoma State

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 pm

This is the pivotal game for Boise State. The must win or they will be swept away like Orleans when the Huns entered and a hiss and byword on the CFP palimpsest. (Talk about pedantic)

I do think Boise, though this may not be their best team are playing as well as they can. They, thus far, have been blocking well, tackling pretty good. The offensive line is giving great protection, Brett Rypien has been throwing exceptionally well. I am not a big Harsin fan, but he has coached consistently and his staff seems very competent. One of their greatest assets is they are well conditioned. They are as strong in the fourth quarter as the first. QB's may make the difference and Oklahoma States has had some issued.

Boise by 14.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Boise State v Oklahoma State

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Boise by 14??? If that happens be sure to watch the post-game show, T. Boone Pickens will be cutting off Kingsbury’s mullet...... :shock:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:12 pm

/

Do you mean Gundy's mullet ..?

If so, he had it cut off already:
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... me-mullet/

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:/

Do you mean Gundy's mullet ..?

If so, he had it cut off already:
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... me-mullet/

Ha,ha,ha,ha...... I sure did, another BRAIN-FART. :D

Good thing the Mountaineers aren’t in one of those 16 team conferences...... I can’t keep up with twelve. :oops:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Boise State and West Virginia have big, giant hammers.

Marty
Marty
Marty say
OK, I can get into that.

McGee
McGee
McGee say
But Boise State also has a Turnover Throne.

Marty
Marty
Marty say
A do what now?

McGee
McGee
McGee say
Oh yeah, it’s totally bejeweled and tricked out. It looks like something they stole from Medieval Times. Not the period in the history, the restaurant in Myrtle Beach where the knights do battle while you eat chicken.

Marty
Marty
Marty say
So they have a hammer and a throne? That feels like too many props on one sideline.

McGee
McGee
McGee say
Maybe some Boise State Bronco will get so amped up he’ll take the hammer use it to smash the throne.

Marty
Marty
Marty say
And then Matt Luke can haul off the debris using his chain.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:18 am

So assinine

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 am

donovan wrote:So assinine

Talk about assinine....... tens of millions of dollars, 55-60 of ‘em, for renovations and upgrades to Milan-Puskar, including field crown removal and new Space Age Turf, and somebody thinks it’s a ‘Great Idea’ to whack it with a Sledge Hammer...... on the other hand, it’s not a bad idea at all to whack that Blue Turf at Boise. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 pm

I don't mind stuff like that. The game should be fun for the kids playing it. You couldn't make me sit in it, but I'm ok if they like it. It doesn't hurt anything. The NCAA might see them having fun a declare it a violation though. :roll:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:21 pm

/

And that's the way they drew it up ...

Nice TD Pass, Boise up 7-0

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:25 pm

/

Well, I guess Boise had to score, to wake up the Cowboys Offense.

That was too quick of a response. Boise may want to think about lulling Okie State to sleep with a long drive.

7-7

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Boise O line is obliterated by Oklahoma St. OSU is so out coaching BSU. OSU Bundage is like Atila the Hun and Ghengis Kahn rolled into one.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:50 pm

donovan wrote:This is the pivotal game for Boise State. The must win or they will be swept away like Orleans when the Huns entered and a hiss and byword on the CFP palimpsest. (Talk about pedantic)

I do think Boise, though this may not be their best team are playing as well as they can. They, thus far, have been blocking well, tackling pretty good. The offensive line is giving great protection, Brett Rypien has been throwing exceptionally well. I am not a big Harsin fan, but he has coached consistently and his staff seems very competent. One of their greatest assets is they are well conditioned. They are as strong in the fourth quarter as the first. QB's may make the difference and Oklahoma States has had some issued.

Boise by 14.

O`Well donovan ...

At least the Mormons got a huge win over Wisconsin today, In Madison.

The first non-Power5 team to win on Camp Randall Field since 2003

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 am

Maybe Boise can beat BYU later on. Miserable day.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 am

It is hard to go into someone else's house and steal a win. You have to play turnover free and get a few breaks.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Hmmmmm, Ole donovan is taking this one hard........ sure am hopeful he gets to feeling better. :|

Guess I’ll know when he recovers when once again I read one of his most eloquent postings, so full of thoughtfulness, depth and meaning that I must retrieve from my bookshelf the Merriam-Webster Dictionary to look-up some of the words........

C’mon, Donovan!!! Snap out of it....... Hell,Cane has got next weeks picks up already, and as usual they’re gonna be hard as hell and going to get some of us up early and keep some of us up late watching College Football for 14 Freaking Hours!!!!! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”