2018 Predictions Week Three -- WeekTwo Winner(s)

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

2018 Predictions Week Three -- WeekTwo Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:12 am

/

The Link for the Week Three Picks is up and ready, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11658

---

There was a tie for First Place in Week Two ... Congrats to Both Dossenator & Derek for getting 14 correct picks of 20.

Week Two Participant Scores:

Dossenator = 14
Derek = 14
Highfly = 13
Spence = 11
Cane = 11
Donovan = 10
Mountainman = 9
Fanatic = 9

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 2018 Predictions Week Three -- WeekTwo Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:13 am

/

You can survey the game winners and their margins of victory, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11657

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 am

Uh, also, there was a tie for Last Place in Week Two. :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:05 am

Mountainman wrote:Uh, also, there was a tie for Last Place in Week Two. :roll:

But here is the difference. Tieing for first place is the proverbial like "kissing your sister." Somehow, tieing for last does not. (I use the archaic spelling of tieing because that is what I do.)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:43 pm

:lol:

Yeah, I held back on mentioning that ... and how like Doss jumped from Last place last Week, to First place in Week Two -- Fanatic jumped from First place Last Week, to Last place in Week Two.

A Topsy-turvy Competition ... it makes for an interesting year.

And believe it or not, Spence is Not leading in the overall points if adding the 2 weeks together. Derek is, with 30.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:

:lol:

Yeah, I held back on mentioning that ... and how like Doss jumped from Last place last Week, to First place in Week Two -- Fanatic jumped from First place Last Week, to Last place in Week Two.

A Topsy-turvy Competition ... it makes for an interesting year.

And believe it or not, Spence is Not leading in the overall points if adding the 2 weeks together. Derek is, with 30.

OH KNOW YOU DON’T...... DON’T PATRONIZE ME, CANE!!!!!

I know you think I’m an inbred and backward Hillbilly who who longs for the ‘Good Ole Days’ and asks, “Why things can’t be the way they used to be”, but you got me WRONG!!!
I’m hip and embrace today’s culture, so I’m going to demonize Derek and blame you for my lack of success....... and what’s with this “Competition” stuff you speak of??? Hell, I think we all should all get a Trophy!!!!!

P.S. There will be a Protest March and Demonstration in front of Derek’s and Cane’s residence this Wednesday afternoon...... bring your own Signs and Obnoxious Behavior, and be sure you leave Your Sense of Humor at Home. Refreshments will be served.

:D :lol: :D
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Woohooo! I totally redeemed myself.

However, my picks will be as Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde as the Razorback football team this year. For 3 quarters they were putting the beat down on Colorado State (lead by 18...27-9 was the score. Ark had 299 rushing yards to Col St 0 rushing yards. Ark averaged 7 yards a carry....Col St could not generate any offense with almost every drive being a 3 and out....then right before the 4th quarter....Ark could not move the ball and Col State looked like Alabama....25 unanswered points to win 34-27).

I am sure my spot at first this week (even though a tie) will not be the norm for me.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:52 pm

/

Gosh dangit ... just when I thought I saw all the football I needed to this week, you have to go and tell me about that game.

I had no idea the Arkansas game was such a sway of momentum ... Highfly posted something up about Colorado State having a come from behind rally, but I didn't realize the game went like That.

Now I have to go find a replay of it.

Was it an utter collapse? Did Arkansas make the mistake of trying to play ball control too early, and it bit them..?

I really thought Arkansas was going to make strides this season. I didn't even consider to put this game on the Predictions list, merely due to the way Colorado smashed the Rams last weekend, so I just assumed the Razorbacks were going to bulldoze Colorado St.

And here I went & put the Arizona/Houston game in the Pick'ems ... Bah!

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Mountainman wrote:P.S. There will be a Protest March and Demonstration in front of Derek’s and Cane’s residence this Wednesday afternoon...... bring your own Signs and Obnoxious Behavior, and be sure you leave Your Sense of Humor at Home. Refreshments will be served.

:D :lol: :D

Wednesday ... Sounds good.

For those who show, I'll be out front handing out Participation Ribbons. Just don't mind the guys wearing sunglasses in the black SUV across the street. The camera they have is simply for your ... let's call it, social media Profile. 8)

Cane... [__]

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Cane, hard to wrap my mind around what happened. Ark completely dominated until right to the start of the 4th quarter.

The first play of the 4th quarter Ark has a fourth and a half a yard at mid field and they decided to punt. From that point on they gain 16 yards and Col St scored 25 points. Not sure I have seen a collapse like that...oh wait yes so have. 2 years ago in the Bell bowl Ark had a 21 point lead on Virginia Tech in the 2nd half and lost and had a 3 td lead on Missouri that year in the 2nd half and lost. It is becoming a tend.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 pm

HEADS-UP...... there’s a meeting tomorrow with the Athletic Directors from West Virginia and NC State to discuss alternatives in the event Hurricane Florence is predicted to impact the Mountaineer vs Wolfpack game in Raleigh as Is currently the case.

Appears, through the grapevine, everything is on the table from cancellation, rescheduling, to moving the game to Morgantown......... I’ll keep you posted.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:53 am

I would NEVER kiss my sister....my cousin is another story. 8) :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:32 am

Holy Geez and Gosh darnit...... While perusing the board this morning I see where I have erred!!!

I FAILED to acknowledge DOSSENATOR as co-picker of the week, along with DEREK. My apologies Sir........ after reading his post, I’m assuming he’s an Arkansas Fan. Hell, talk about inbred Hillbillies...... you gotta wonder about people who’s mascot is a pig. :shock:

J/K Doss, Congrats...... Gooooooooo Hogs, Sooooooooooeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 pm

/

I was under the impression that the pigs are used as stand in homecoming dates for when the other guy gets the gal.

Though, I really shouldn't say too much ... I have cousins in Arkansas.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Mountainman wrote:HEADS-UP...... there’s a meeting tomorrow with the Athletic Directors from West Virginia and NC State to discuss alternatives in the event Hurricane Florence is predicted to impact the Mountaineer vs Wolfpack game in Raleigh as Is currently the case.

Appears, through the grapevine, everything is on the table from cancellation, rescheduling, to moving the game to Morgantown......... I’ll keep you posted.

HEADS-UP-UPDATE...... still no Official Word about whether the game will be played.

Grapevine is saying it’s doubtful the game will be played as alternatives are either not workable or doable or both. However, It is official that N.C. State has cancelled classes from Wednesday through Sunday while weather forecasters continue to project the storm to make landfall on the North Carolina Coastline (ranging from Charleston SC to Virginia Beach VA) and then travel inland toward Raleigh.

Interesting side-note, I heard today that since hurricanes have been officially tracked, beginning in the late 1800’s, there have been 50+ hurricanes on Florance’s current path, and NONE made landfall on the coastline of the United States...... if this one does hit, Good Luck to all those affected.

Return to “General Discussion”