Kentucky -v- florida

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Kentucky -v- florida

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:24 pm

/

Well, as they say, streaks are made to be broken ... and after 31 consecutive losses to the lizards, Kentucky wins, and does so in the swamp.

flurDah has 1 last chance with 9 seconds left on the clock... The Kentucky D gets into the backfield and strips the ball out of Franks' hand just before he throws, which looks like an incomplete pass, but the whistle was not blown ... a Kentucky defender picks up the ball, jogs forward a couple of yards, as he's followed by a gator O-Line man ... the Kentucky player with the ball stops running [so does the gator] and starts to walk towards a ref ... and just as he's about to toss the ref the ball, Coach Stoops waves his arms at him to run for the end zone ... so he does, as the florida line man tackles him at the goal line, he falls n for a TD with 0:00 left on the clock ...

The replay booth Confirms the play is in fact a fumble, as the ball was stripped from Franks hand before his arm came forward, and his forearm lobbed the ball about ten yards where the Kentucky defender picked it up.

Final score; Kentucky 27 - florida 16

First Win vs florida since 1986
First Win in the swamp since 1979

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kentucky -v- florida

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:45 pm

I've done a lot of laughing in the last 30 minutes.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:28 am

/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and me both, brother ... you and me both.

And if Samford can kick another field goal in the last 4 mins ... I'll be laughing s'more.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 am

That last play was very strange. My original thought was incomplete but replay clearly showed it was a fumble. Good to see Florida lose, even better when it comes at home.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am

highfly24 wrote:That last play was very strange. My original thought was incomplete but replay clearly showed it was a fumble. Good to see Florida lose, even better when it comes at home.

And the announcers got it wrong even when they saw the replay as to how it happened.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:56 pm

/

Well, they got it wrong prior to replay, as they said, "That has to be reviewed, because this ones going to be coming back. Franks' are was clearly moving forward."

Admittedly, I thought the same thing ... then the Commentary guys said, "Well, now from that angle, it looks like he may have fumbled the ball. It will all depend on whether he had control of the ball when his arm starts to move forward. And from that look, the ball came free."

So, they didn't homer it for the reptiles.

However, now that you say that, Donovan ... I'd like to hear the recorded game cast from the Gainesville Radio crew. I wonder if they were even able to admit it, after replay confirmed it with proof.

In any event, it would be funny to listen to them crying and excuse making in broadcast after the loss.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm

/

Anyone want to relive the moment ..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRQGfisBSBc

Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:57 am

that was strangely satisfying. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Derek wrote:that was strangely satisfying. 8)

It shouldn't have been, but yeah. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”