Opening week showcases differences..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Opening week showcases differences..

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 pm

/

Uh O' ...

Kansas State is taking it on the chin.

South Dakota is leading 24-12, and luckily for the Wildcats, South Dakota just missed a field goal.

It's at the midway point of the 3rd. K State needs to wake the Heck up. They only have 64 rushing yards in this game right now. They Averaged 224 rushing yards per game in their final 3 outings last season.

You can watch this game, here:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3410485

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:32 pm

/

K-State returns a punt for a touchdown ... sparks the energy they needed.

They put a stop to North Dakota's next drive, and get a decent return on the next punt. They finish the drive in the end zone, and tack on a 2 point conversion.

The Wildcats has taken the lead, 27-24 with 7:15 left in the game.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:51 pm

I was hoping Washington would humble Auburn fans. But I have to listen to it next week :cry:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:01 pm

/

South Dakota attempts a game tying field goal with 0:01 left on the clock ... The kick is Up!! It's Straight!! It Falls Short about 7 yards in front of the Goal Posts!!

Kansas State wins!

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Derek wrote:I was hoping Washington would humble Auburn fans. But I have to listen to it next week :cry:

Yeah, and what's worse, is that with all the chest beating the Auburn fans are going to be doing over the next week, they are going to ignore the fact that they were not the better team.

Washington made a couple of silly play calling choices. One of which cost them a turnover on a first & goal, which would have put the game out of reach for the Tigers. A targeting hit that the refs did not call, on Browning, even though the replay booth stopped the play of the game to check if there was a targeting hit on an Auburn player ealier in the game {replay showed there was not, so they stopped play for nothing}{the booth never called down for the hit on Browning, which would have put Washington into Auburn's red zone}

Auburn did get the W ... but they did not look better. The commentary morons went on to talk about how well the Tigers' O-line played. However, Washngton's D-line was blowing up Auburn's front, getting into the backfield quick & often. Causing a bunch of errant passes.

If you'd have heard the post game chatter, you'd have sworn you watched a different game than the idiots in the press box.

The Pac should be on notice. The Huskies are legit.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:49 pm

/

BYU is already playing better than last year.

They just ran into the end zone from a goal line play ... something I do't believe they did until their 4th game last season.

They are also Winning at the moment; leading the Khalil Tate run offense of Arizona.

It's 7-0 Cougars i the 2cnd quarter.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:52 pm

/

All of these crazy tight to the vest competitions, and ... Saban is still complaining that he won by 37 points.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:39 am

/

And now Hawaii is 2-0 ...

I certainly expected Navy to give Hawaii a game. I didn't expect the score to be 59-41.

The Warriors seem improved. They have wins over FBS opponents, rather than the usual cupcake FCS that you'd see elsewhere. One game down being Colorado State, a conference opponent. So, not a bad start.

Hawaii does have Duquesne scheduled for their fifth game. So, it isn't as though they have a Billybud sanctioned championship SoS. However, they have a competitive team, who looks better prepared than in recent years.

I don't think they win the Mountain West, but I do believe they have the ability to ruin the post season hopes for some others.

Cane... [__]

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:25 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:/

And now Hawaii is 2-0 ...

I certainly expected Navy to give Hawaii a game. I didn't expect the score to be 59-41.

The Warriors seem improved. They have wins over FBS opponents, rather than the usual cupcake FCS that you'd see elsewhere. One game down being Colorado State, a conference opponent. So, not a bad start.

Hawaii does have Duquesne scheduled for their fifth game. So, it isn't as though they have a Billybud sanctioned championship SoS. However, they have a competitive team, who looks better prepared than in recent years.

I don't think they win the Mountain West, but I do believe they have the ability to ruin the post season hopes for some others.

Probably the story of the day. They have ruined two teams hopes already. Both thought they would be 1-0 right now. And, when teams go to Hawaii it always is a crapshoot. Now they go with a team that has some credentials.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 am

Auburn....they won the game. They won it with defense. My brother, sister, cousins, and childhood friends are happy (Auburn fans all). I've always been the black sheep.
I disagree with Cane about who was the better team.

....Auburn had more points, more first downs, much better 3rd down efficiency, more yards...and more take aways.

Michigan....I enjoyed this game. Cheered for the Wolverines in my Dad's memory. Even broke out a scotch (I don't drink that stuff) and had two fingers for dad in remembrance of football watched together. I do admit that I am not a Harbaugh fan.

Texas....what can you say? I guess it is true that money can't buy happiness.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 am

Auburn....they won the game. They won it with defense. My brother, sister, cousins, and childhood friends are happy (Auburn fans all). I've always been the black sheep.
I disagree with Cane about who was the better team.

....Auburn had more points, more first downs, much better 3rd down efficiency, more yards...and more take aways.

Michigan....I enjoyed this game. Cheered for the Wolverines in my Dad's memory. Even broke out a scotch (I don't drink that stuff) and had two fingers for dad in remembrance of football watched together. I do admit that I am not a Harbaugh fan.

Texas....what can you say? I guess it is true that money can't buy happiness.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”