Another Tiger Loses His Teeth ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Another Tiger Loses His Teeth ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 pm

/

LSU Tigers wide receiver Drake Davis was suspended indefinitely after being arrested Friday on a count of second-degree battery.

Davis allegedly broke one of his girlfriend's ribs in April and was reportedly involved in another attack in June, when he allegedly strangled her, punched her and ripped an earring from her ear.

It has also been reported he texted the woman a message saying, "I might kill you."

The ex-girlfriend, who is an LSU student as well, said she and Davis began dating in January 2017 and remained together up until this month. Davis, a 6'4" 220-pound wideout, allegedly physically assaulted her on at least four occasions during the course of their relationship.

Davis could face five years in prison and a fine up to $2,000 if convicted of second-degree battery. Bond was not immediately set.

Davis caught three passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns as a sophomore last season.

---

What in the world is going on in Baton Rouge..?

I want Miami to win in their opener against LSU; but not because they will be unable to fill out a deep enough roster to compete 4 quarters.

That being said ... criminals such as this ought to be in jail.

Ogeron needs to get his team into a meeting, and air out all the dirt up front, and reassess what his program is.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Another Tiger Loses His Teeth ...

Postby donovan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 pm

I have no reason to think Ogeron is not a "good guy" who will clean up that program. He has taken it seems a no-nonsense position thus far. The problem in the past, many times, is when a coach cleans up a program there a losses and everyone forgets he walked into a cesspool, and he gets fired.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:55 am

/

You might be right ... but Ogeron is gong into his 3rd season as head coach of LSU ... both of these stories I posted up were of Sophomore players [Freshmen last year], which means Ogeron recruited these guys.

In the first case ---

LB Tyler Taylor was the getaway driver for a robbery of a pawn shop on Jan. 8 and charged with conspiracy to commit a crime, party to a crime and theft by receiving stolen property, which are all felony charges. He was arrested for his involvement May 31.

Though he wasn't suspended until August 9th.

In the case headlining this thread ---

LSU Tigers wide receiver Drake Davis was suspended indefinitely after being arrested Friday (which was August 17th) on a count of second-degree battery.

Davis allegedly broke one of his girlfriend's ribs in April and was reportedly involved in another attack in June, when he allegedly strangled her, punched her and ripped an earring from her ear.

It has also been reported he texted the woman a message saying, "I might kill you."

I don't doubt Ogeron will do the right thing. But he may want to put his team under the microscope going forward.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 am

I know little about him...but from what you post, he may not get it and if he doesn't, the pressure is on, from outside of football.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”