Who's Ready For Some Football?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Who's Ready For Some Football?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:41 am

We are closing in on the season. A mere 20 days until the opening kickoff.

So I thought I would leave a link to some exciting [and somewhat silly] plays compiled together. This is a mesh up of Big Guys getting it done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCnHoBfJms

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Who's Ready For Some Football?

Postby donovan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:32 am

That's all the Big Guy plays...Let's make the West Coast irrelevant even before the season starts. (One lame Utah v Wyoming where the guy doesn't make it into the end zone.)

I was just ready to post some really great highlights from teams West of the Mississipi and then like a bolt of lightning, a thunderous voice it came to me.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Matt 7:6
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Aah, yes. Because the 400 pounder from Baylor, that great East Coast team, having three clips himself, really oppresses all of those schools from the west. Good catch.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm ready for opening kickoff. The weather is so great here I think I could even go sit in the bleachers.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 am

Weather?

Here there is rain and water...dams overflowing...

There's a bad moon on the rise...The Canes might be blowing this year.

I hear hurricanes a blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers overflowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 am

The weather has been mostly tame, here, for this summer. Though, we are currently in a 90+ degrees spell. Hopefully by the time the season is a go, we'll snap those temps and get back to the 80s.

The opening lineup of games look exciting. Not sure which way to go with regards to several of my upcoming picks. Fall camp is in, and the rosters are mainly set.

As a `Canes fan, it's nice to be thought of as relevant enough to be the sole Sunday game, and in the Prime Time spot.

All I know is, somebody has to take down Spence's Tyranny --- Donovan, it's up to you this year. You are charged with beating Spence in the 2018 Predictions game.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:57 am

Here you go, Donovan --- found some Western Team highlights for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DNgkj-o8s

Oh well ... at least Cowboy Kohl looked like he was having a fun night.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 am

Prediction:

Alabama and Clemson will be in the playoff.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:32 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

Here you go, Donovan --- found some Western Team highlights for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DNgkj-o8s

Oh well ... at least Cowboy Kohl looked like he was having a fun night.

Funny...my youtube doesn't seem to work on that particular "lowlight."

If it is Clemson and Alabama, then I am going to get plenty of nap time this year.

As for Spence...He will be his normal humble self as he crushes us all.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:31 am

All while telling us how Ohio State cannot possibly win, as they march forward to an undefeated season.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 am

billybud wrote:Prediction:

Alabama and Clemson will be in the playoff.

What to go out on a limb there. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Glad to know you guys are still here, and reading some of the recent posts, still going strong on the East/West debate. It was a long hibernation but I'm looking forward to get back in the conversation and reading/posting tidbits of intrigue. Less than a week before we see some teams suit up. Here's to a fun banter of college football. Had plenty of off field headlines, I'm ready to see highlights come between the sidelines.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:47 pm

/
highfly24 wrote:Glad to know you guys are still here, and reading some of the recent posts, still going strong on the East/West debate. It was a long hibernation but I'm looking forward to get back in the conversation and reading/posting tidbits of intrigue. Less than a week before we see some teams suit up. Here's to a fun banter of college football. Had plenty of off field headlines, I'm ready to see highlights come between the sidelines.

You said it.

With all of the hoopla surrounding the sport with regards to off field issues, it's hard to gauge what adjustments teams have made in the off season.

I'm curious how well the `Canes will bounce back from the tail end of a year which ended in 3 straight losses after a 10-0 start.

Army has a bunch of juniors and seniors in starting positions. Can they match last season's win total? If not, will they at least finish in a bowl? Will they beat Navy again?

Will Willie Taggart carry fsu's momentum over from last season, winning their way to a bowl victory to finish 7-6? Will Taggarts offensive schemes match the talet he has presently on his roster?

Is Shea Patterson the final ingredient to Harbaugh's recipe for success? Or will it be another let down year for the Wolverine faithful?

How well will the Los Angeles schools be without their highly touted quarterbacks. Will Chip Kelly make an impact immediately, or will he need another recruiting season under his belt before the Bruins threaten the Pac? Have the Trojan's taken a step backwards after another mediocre year, yielding ground to the Northern division teams.

Will Donovan finally understand billybud's perspective, or will he continue to pretend to understand it, all while contradicting his sentiments to simply assimilate to the norm?

Will billybud ever learn to play the National Anthem on his guitar?

Will the gators finish with the lowest win total in the state of Florida for a second year in a row?

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:53 pm

National anthem on my guitar? Not a bad idea if I wasn't an acoustic guitar guy. My generation will go to the grave remembering the sound of Jimi Hendricks at Woodstock and his anthem.

I'm just trying to play Guy Clark, John Prine, Texas Tornados, and such..

1...WT will surprise with FSU this year...still a year away, and a very tough schedule (Clemson, VT, Miami, Notre Dame, Florida, NC State, and a decent Boston College) will delay a year.

2...Florida should win more games...how many depends on QB play.

3...Miami with Richt should be good this year...10-12 game winner.

4...Harbaugh is nuts...like a wolverine on meth. He can't win the Big Ten so his response is..."let's expand the playoff". One more loss to Ohio State and he will be frothing at the mouth and biting the grass.

5...Donovan and I are actually fairly simpatico...He is a Don Quixote who fights imaginary enemies (giants who turn out to be windmills, etc) and I, sadly, am his enabler. I wave my arms until he sees the windmill.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:38 pm

/
billybud wrote:5...Donovan and I are actually fairly simpatico...He is a Don Quixote who fights imaginary enemies (giants who turn out to be windmills, etc) and I, sadly, am his enabler. I wave my arms until he sees the windmill.

I would suggest that the majority of us on this site are like minded about most things.

That is one of the most perfect analogies I've seen on this board to date. :lol:

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”