College Baseball

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: College Baseball

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:10 am

Doss, I am not clear how you feel about the missed foul ball catch.
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1012168624507891712
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am

Rubber Game tonight. What I like about tonight's game is the pitching...I don't think anyone has a clue who will be on and who will be off. I suspect you will see someone in the bully all game.

Both Arkansas and OSU had incidents in this series where there was confusion over a fly ball...has Doss mentioned it cost them the National Championship...so I suspect there has been some team meeting on going back to the basics.

Arkansas hits much better than I realized. OSU's starting pitchers have tanked. Their relievers have been amazing. The Hogs had solid performances. (Early in yesterdays game lots of way out of the zone on both teams parts) I imagine if there is any stumbling at all the hook will be quick on both sides. Two very good Coaches.

No predictions BUT the key will be errors. Team with errors will lose. Both these teams can manufacture runs.

Lastly, I thought those Beaver fan hats were the most asinine thing in sports until I saw the Hog ones.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Arkansas starter tonight is hit or miss. When he is on he is simply inhittable. When he’s off it is bad. There is no middle ground with him. We will know early which version of himself showed up. He shut down Florida a week ago.

Arkansas has not hit the ball well for 3 games now. They still find ways to score but most games they have an inning or two that they put up huge numbers 4-8 run explosions. That has not happened the last 3 games.

Crazy that Arkansas had the throw out on the steal attempt, double play on the bunt, left fielder throwing guy out at second, 1st baseman diving catch for an out, etc but miss on a routine foul bowl to win the whole thing.

That missed foul ball reminds me of so many Razorback moments in my lifetime....it hurts. That was the right fielders ball all the way but he backed off when the 2nd baseman cane running in from no where and then no one made a play in the ball.

Oregon State has a great team...especially hitting. I just have this terrible feeling after the way they lost last night. I am sure it is deflating to have the national championship won and miss out from a routine play.

They better come to play or they will be down double digits quickly. I am sure this gave Oregon St a boost.

Tonight may be the only time in my lifetime Arkansas will have a shot at a national championship in one of the big 3 sports. I just hope the second baseman for Ark is not remembered for his bone head play that cost them a national championship. He is getting blasted today. Feel bad for him.

On a side note, I do own one of those Razorback hats.. o don’t wear it in public though.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Last night was a gut punch game changer. I have seen mlb game six World Series games where teams have missed catching a ball to win it all and the next day get blown out. Emotionally it is tough.

Will be watching and rooting but will not be surprised if the 4th inning score is something like 10-1 in favor of Oregon st.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 pm

This game is not going to be close. The emotional way of losing a game you had won for the championship is going to be too much. My prediction: Oregon St 13 and Ark 0

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:53 pm

So ump decided the ball below knees and off the base is a strike for the Oregon st pitcher. Lovely. He waits until bases loaded for Ark to call that pitch a strike when it has not been all game. You know a hitter down with 2 strikes is at a disadvantage. That better be a strike for Ark when Oregon st gets runners on base.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 pm

My point. Bogus. That was a strike by Ark pitcher, and coach is tossed for pointed out. This ump has decided who he is for.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:58 pm

That pitch was a strike for Oregon state when Ark had bases lined added and one out. Bogus one sided ump. Sickening.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 pm

You don’t call clear strikes strikes you give advantage to hitters. This is just sickening to watch when an ump takes a side.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 pm

And Oregin St coach in game one and game two should have been tossed. Never shut his mouth when he was told too. See how quick they kick an Ark coach. Bogus!

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:12 pm

He tossed the video guy....

There are more issues here than umps...

This game will be decided by the pitching line up....we will see how it plays out.

Yes.. Ump are like high school rookies....I don't think they are good enough to favor one team...

You can't leave three stranded ....

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Well Im done. Turning game off. My wife and daughter are more important then this garbage. Oregon st does not need the help from the refs to win.

Congrats on the championship!

That one missed catch that would have won it all will haunt hog fans forever...an ever growing list of haunting. Have a great evening.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 pm

The pitches being called below the knees to Ark pitchers with bases loaded and one out when they had not been strikes all game was crazy. That stopped hogs from scoring. Puts 2 hitters down to two strikes because of it. Pitcher is too good to overcome that.

Then on flip side. Oregon gets runners on and Ark throws pitches over plate knee high and they are balls. Gave Orehon hitters hitting counts. Ark pitchers having to work harder at finding his made up strike zone.

I really am out. Congrats.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:21 pm

Not over yet. Abel will be pulled. Arkansas can be explosive...I don't feel relaxed.

Not convinced the umps are making a difference. but certainly, think they are not in control. Strike zone is too inconsistent. I am ok with a big zone, just call it consistent.

Not the best game of the series, for sure.

Yes. that missed foul ball will be infamously remembered.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm

In the big picture, the not caught foul ball changed the course of the series. Arkansas never recovered from that play. No doubt in my mind.

As for today's game. Abel for OSU threw a complete game after yesterday throwing 28 or so pitches. He gave up two hits, a shutout. He was 4-0 for the tournament, a freshman.

Doss, have a great vacation with your family...that's all that matters. All the rest is just good conversation.

Return to “Off-Topic”