Softball NCAA Championships

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Softball NCAA Championships

Postby donovan » Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Could have a final match up of the South V the Northwest.....Some very entertaining ball playing.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Softball NCAA Championships

Postby billybud » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 am

The girls beat Oregon to stay alive and go to he semi's...

Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:54 am

FSU is last team from east of the Mississippi still alive....the SEC's teams are gone.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Well...the girls beat UCLA this afternoon...but have to beat them again in a couple of hours to stay alive...have to win to go to final...and beating UCLA twice in an afternoon-evening may be too tough....

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Proud of the gals..won four elimination games in two days....to the finals...Washington rested today while FSU played a second double header. They should have some advantage.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:17 am

A great CFP matchup. I have never been a great Oregon or Washington fan. Two most obnoxious West Coast fan base. Should be a good game. Rest in softball not as critical as in some sports.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:21 am

Wanted Oregon to beat Washington. That was the must-win for all the non-softball reasons. Bats died.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:41 am

Washington seems to be peaking at the right time...

It's all about pitching...and I hope that FSU has something left in the tank i that regard. Those 4 games in 48 hours might affect pitching more than hitting/fielding.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Whoop....a win...need one more for the trophy. Been a good run no matter what.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 am

Was quite a game. Have not seen hitters on both teams shut down like in this game. Good win.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 pm

National Champs...the women pounded the ball...

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 am

Congratulations. Florida State dominated every aspect of the game. Was a decisive victory. After the first inning, there was never a doubt who was in charge.

(Because I would be remiss...if I had to watch another game with those announcers and commentators talk about the ACC. Was not biased, just obnoxious and pitiful. It never stopped, even to the detriment of trying to watch the game.)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:48 am

Yeah...I don't like the blabbing of the talking heads...although I found the explanation of the seams and the alternate pitching methods of the fastball too be interesting.

But the ACC winning its first softball NC was the story line the last several games....Cinderella teams get the story line...just like Sister Basketball and Loyola-Chicago did during basketball tournament.

I miss Dandy Don Meredith and Howard Cosell...

Close the door, turn out the lighrs, the party's over....

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:06 am

and Meghan King was the most dominant pitcher to ever play in WCWS with a .20 ERA.

Facing a 70 mph fastball from a rubber 43 feet away must give you the same recognition/swing time as a 100 mph fast ball from 60.5 feet.

I took a bat 30 years ago against a men's fast pitch softball pitcher from a barn storming team...(I was a slow pitch player at the time)...the circumference of that big ball made it dance, rise, drop. I respect the ability to see and slam a fast pitched softball.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Florida State has some excellent players. That Warren was phenomenal. The issue, I think with softball (which is not even close to being the same game as baseball...much more strategy in softfall) is the time you have to decide if you are going to swing. Much before the ball leave the pitchers hand and then zero in and hope your eyes were close in the right area.

Return to “Off-Topic”