College Baseball

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

College Baseball

Postby donovan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:19 pm

So I was at a seminar at Oregon State University yesterday where I had a small part. Somewhere in my prattle, I mentioned college baseball, which I find much more interesting than my given topic and gave a rousing endorsement to the Beavers who have started out of the gates strong and look to be in the hunt. I predicted this is the year for the Beavers. After the session people come and ask questions and do the normal things. One guy, I am guessing he was about 35 came to me and said, "There is no use in getting excited, Flordia State is going to take it all." (I can't make this stuff up.) I immediately ask him if Mr. Billybud put him up to this. He looked at me like, what the heck are you talking about.

Now I am convinced Mr. Billybud is the head of the Illuminati and has legions he lets loose. Is there no escape. (This guy claimed not association with Flordia State, just his outlook. I assured him he at least paid attention to the most important part of the presentation and he best put his money on Oregon State, "Nope," he said.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: College Baseball

Postby Derek » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:00 pm

That's influence!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed May 23, 2018 9:27 am

I think that he might have meant softball...

FSU women meet LSU in the Super Regional..

Men..???

Heck the baseball Noles are #4 in the ACC standings....not a stellar year.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 am

Oregon State's baseball fans memories are long and FSU fans are not all as realistic as Mr. Billybud.

And besides living in the past is what I do best.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm

However..the projected top 16 do include...

Oregon State
Clemson
UNC
NC State
FSU

The projected #1 seeds include UNC, FSU, Clemson, NC State, Duke

So...#4 in the ACC ain't that bad.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Last year was some great baseball. Maybe more this year.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun May 27, 2018 7:53 am

FSU is playing Louisville today in the ACC Tournament Final....

....current RPI #6 (good for seeding)

Oregon State is ranked #1 in Warren Nolan's predictive power ELO......and FSU at #4 (Clemson at #6 and Louisville #7)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 am

And Seminole soft ballers are headed to the World Series...beat LSU last night in the Super Regional....

Oregon, Arizona, Georgia, Washington, Oklahoma, FSU, Florida, UCLA....WCWS

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue May 29, 2018 8:23 am

Soooo...

FSU finishes 6th in ACC...but wins ACC tournament....gets a 7 seed hosting at the Regionals...

Fairly tough bracket with Oklahoma, Mississippi State in it.

I do not expect this Noles team to go far...but coach Mike Martin did get his record (most all time wins in NCAA)...and the team won forty games for the 40th straight year...and will be hosting their 8th straight regional.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 am

Oregon State's game against Washington last night was crazy. OSU won 14 to 5 but was close up to the 7th inning following a 4 1/2 game delay due to thunder rain. Then OSU's bats went wild. Washington eliminated and OSU has 1 loss.

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2018/06/college_world_series_2018_live_1.html

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 am

OSU v North Carolina was a great game. Beavers down 3-0 come back in the 6th 3-3 NC goes ahead 7-6 in 7th and then OSU goes nuts again 4 in the 8th and 4 in the 9th...going to the final four.

A good tournament. Mississippi is so on fire. As in Mississippi Burning.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 pm

How is everyone? It has been awhile. I was in Omaha to watch Arkansas destroy Texas (very few things in life are sweeter then whipping the Longhorns). Fun watching Ark beat Texas Tech (unfortunately from home and not in Omaha).

Arkansas is one win away from a shot at the national Championship.

Only four schools have won national championships in football, basketball, and baseball: Florida, UCLA, Michigan, and Ohio State. If Arkansas can pull of the championship at college World Series they would join this short list. Go Hogs!!!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:33 pm

I am envious...there has been some good baseball. I am pulling for Oregon State but they have a tough one ahead...we will see.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 am

Omaha is only a 6 hour drive from my house in NW Arkansas. I leave for family vacation Saturday morning or I would be back in Omaha today. If Ark wins tonight I will be out of town during the championship series.

I am pulling for Oregon St to beat Miss State. An Arkansas vs Oregon St series would be fun.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Arkansas dominating Florida was sweet tonight. Arkansas is now 9-1 in the post season this year and only team yet to lose at the college World Series. They get extra rest and their undefeated 13-0 stud pitcher on the mound Monday Blaine Knight for the championship series (waiting for opponent...Miss State or Oregon St).

WPS!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”