Southern Miss-FSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Southern Miss-FSU

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:56 am

I was wondering how the Nole defense would do with their top three tacklers sitting out the bowl for the draft.... Derwin James, Matthew Thomas, and Josh Sweat,

Losing three of the top defenders (early round guys) didn't seem to hurt much....

The 4th quarter was interesting...FSU pulled a bunch of starters, including the QB, and had third and 4th team guys playing...I had to look at the roster,

It was nice that Taggart stayed out of the way and let long time assistant Odell Haggins coach the game and have his moment in the sun.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Southern Miss-FSU

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:04 am

It was great to see Deion on the sideline. He had a frosty relationship with Jimbo.....His interview ended with him saying "I'm back, I'm back". "I;m happy to be back."
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 am

Is he going to come back on as a coach? That is the rumor. Deion would be a huge recruiting tool as a CB coach.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:04 am

We hear the rumor...but it is hard to believe. He makes millions as an NFL announcer. A position coach makes $500,000.

At the least, he is promoting Taggart and will be more visible around the program...and that presence may sway some kids.

But then again, how much money is enough? I could see Prime Time enjoying football from the sideline.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am

and...for us older fans...the win in the bowl extended FSU's NCAA leading consecutive winning season streak to 41....

And I remember going 0-11...a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 am

Not similar nor anyone with as much a celebrity status, but Ty Detmer, came back last year to BYU to coach. Disasterous. I think Sanders is best being an often seen face and could help with recruiting.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:23 am

I got to see Deion play baseball in Cincinnati. I always liked to see him play. He was a full go guy and sometimes guys that come with his flash aren’t.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:58 am

You know,,Deion is now 50....

He was a shrewd at marketing himself 30 years ago...that Neon Deion stuff payed off for him...and is still with us today as kids try to stand out.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:20 am

Yeah, that is why I think it is good to get him involved in FSU football. Even if it is just as an ambassador for the program. He is a good guy and he is smart.

Return to “General Discussion”