Coaching Moves

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Re: Coaching Moves

Postby Old Ducker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:14 am

Spence wrote:
billybud wrote:California is beautiful as well...but more flammable.

:lol: We drove down Highway one from San Francisco to see the coast line a couple years ago. When we got to Big Sir the campgrounds were closed to firefighters. I'm not sure how long. There was no fire in that area of the time in Big Sir, but I think there was one in the San Jose area. They are just always on fire alert. I wonder if it is because of the drought or because of the lack of cutting down the old growth.

Years ago I drove down Hwy 1 and visited Hearst Castle. It's magnificent but then was also made by looting European and Middle Eastern Historic places. Today I liken it to Israel. Neither should have ever have ever been allowed to exist.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:41 am

Looting...another name for "Manifest Destiny".

After all...after looting the indians...the USA desired what another country had and went about looting Mexico of Texas...and made up some nonsense about the sinking of the Maine with an end result of looting Spain of Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Phillipines.

54-40 or fight!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 am

Every tribe of people's land at some point has been part of a land grab by another tribe of people. The lines on the map have changed several times in history. It is never a peaceful proposition.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am

There is no greater metaphor of looting than Coaching changes in college football, where there are contractual obligations in every case. Well of course unless it is the looting by the North in the South at the end of the War of Yankee Aggression. Well, maybe it is the Federal Government looting 97% of the land in the Western United States while leaving the East alone. A dog never messes his own home! Or maybe it was when I used to put my change in jar only to have the kids loot it whenever they wanted to go to the store to buy penny candy, two pieces for a penny if you bought hardtack.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 pm

You have gotten dogs wrong...they return to eat their vomit.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Spence wrote:Every tribe of people's land at some point has been part of a land grab by another tribe of people. The lines on the map have changed several times in history. It is never a peaceful proposition.

Indeed...the Jewish people lived in Judea with Jerusalem as their capital for a thousand yearsuntil Europeans (Romans) exiled them from their homeland as a punishment for uprising in an attempt overthrow the European yoke.

The Tfutza (Diaspora in non Hebrew) sent those natives of Judea into a 1800 year exile as persecuted refugees in Northern and Eastern Europe and Spain.

If it is true that their should have been no Israel...it is just as true that the Jewish homeland should have been been restored...and the refugees returned.

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:39 pm

billybud wrote:
Spence wrote:Every tribe of people's land at some point has been part of a land grab by another tribe of people. The lines on the map have changed several times in history. It is never a peaceful proposition.

Indeed...the Jewish people lived in Judea with Jerusalem as their capital for a thousand yearsuntil Europeans (Romans) exiled them from their homeland as a punishment for uprising in an attempt overthrow the European yoke.

The Tfutza (Diaspora in non Hebrew) sent those natives of Judea into a 1800 year exile as persecuted refugees in Northern and Eastern Europe and Spain.

If it is true that their should have been no Israel...it is just as true that the Jewish homeland should have been been restored...and the refugees returned.

I don't know if it is true or not. It's funny that just recently a part of the second temple was recovered. It is a warning to gentiles not to enter the temple...but it is in greek, not hebrew . If David and Solomon existed, where are their tombs? As far as the diaspora goes, I think the ancient bloodlines are long gone due to 2,000 yrs of intermarriage. Netanyahu's real family name was Mileikowski and he is Polish. The name change was due to his father, an ardent zionist. I suspect the Khazar theory of the Ashkenasim is more truth than fiction. Today's Jews are Europeans. It is also probably true that the Palestinians are probably more closely related to the ancient inhabitants...descended from those who converted to islam over the centuries. In fact there is a coin minted in Jerusalem somewhere around 900 AD that has a menora on one side and an Islamic inscription on the other.

I dont have a dog in this fight but I find it hard not to have compassion for the plight of the Palestinians, living under military occupation for 50 years and I resent Israeli interference in our internal affairs and foreign engagements.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:52 pm

...and my family name sounds German (although my father's family came from what is now Poland in 1856)...of course my name was "americanized" from the original Behar. I have been unsuccessful in finding european relatives from the little town of Pryzborow, Poland. That area was wiped out before and during WWII.

I am a polyglot...a son of Polish-German immigrants and my mother's side of Scots-Irish...both sides...one in Milwaukee, and the other in North Carolina, seeking a better life.

Since you mentioned genetics...

"Genetic studies on Jews are part of the population genetics discipline and are used to better understand the chronology of migration provided by research in other fields, such as history, archaeology, linguistics, and paleontology. These studies investigate the origins of various Jewish populations today. In particular, they investigate whether there is a common genetic heritage among various Jewish populations. Studies of autosomal DNA, which look at the entire DNA mixture, show that Jewish populations have tended to form relatively closely related groups in independent communities, with most in a community sharing significant ancestry and up to 75% Levantine genes.

Recent studies have been conducted on a large number of genes homologous chromosomes or autosomes (all chromosomes except chromosomes X and Y). A 2009 study was able to genetically identify individuals with full or partial Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.[8] In August 2012, Dr. Harry Ostrer in his book Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People, summarized his and other work in genetics of the last 20 years, and concluded that all major Jewish groups share a common Middle Eastern origin.[9] Ostrer also claimed to have refuted the Khazar theory of Ashkenazi ancestry.[10] Citing autosomal DNA studies, Nicholas Wade estimates that "Ashkenazic and Sephardic Jews have roughly 30 percent European ancestry, with most of the rest from the Middle East." He further noticed that "The two communities seem very similar to each other genetically, which is unexpected because they have been separated for so long." Concerning this relationship he points to Atzmon's conclusions that "the shared genetic elements suggest that members of any Jewish community are related to one another as closely as are fourth or fifth cousins in a large population, which is about 10 times higher than the relationship between two people chosen at random off the streets of New York City"[11] Concerning North African Jews, autosomal genetic analysis in 2012 revealed that North African Jews are genetically close to European Jews. This finding "shows that North African Jews date to biblical-era Israel, and are not largely the descendants of natives who converted to Judaism,"[12] Y DNA studies examine various paternal lineages of modern Jewish populations. Such studies tend to imply a small number of founders in an old population whose members parted and followed different migration paths.[13] In most Jewish populations, these male line ancestors appear to have been mainly Middle Eastern. For example, Ashkenazi Jews share more common paternal lineages with other Jewish and Middle Eastern groups than with non-Jewish populations in areas where Jews lived in Eastern Europe, Germany and the French Rhine Valley. This is consistent with Jewish traditions in placing most Jewish paternal origins in the region of the Middle East.[14][3]

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 pm

billybud wrote:...and my family name sounds German (although my father's family came from what is now Poland in 1856)...of course my name was "americanized" from the original Behar. I have been unsuccessful in finding european relatives from the little town of Pryzborow, Poland. That area was wiped out before and during WWII.

I am a polyglot...a son of Polish-German immigrants and my mother's side of Scots-Irish...both sides...one in Milwaukee, and the other in North Carolina, seeking a better life.

Since you mentioned genetics...

"Genetic studies on Jews are part of the population genetics discipline and are used to better understand the chronology of migration provided by research in other fields, such as history, archaeology, linguistics, and paleontology. These studies investigate the origins of various Jewish populations today. In particular, they investigate whether there is a common genetic heritage among various Jewish populations. Studies of autosomal DNA, which look at the entire DNA mixture, show that Jewish populations have tended to form relatively closely related groups in independent communities, with most in a community sharing significant ancestry and up to 75% Levantine genes.

Recent studies have been conducted on a large number of genes homologous chromosomes or autosomes (all chromosomes except chromosomes X and Y). A 2009 study was able to genetically identify individuals with full or partial Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.[8] In August 2012, Dr. Harry Ostrer in his book Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People, summarized his and other work in genetics of the last 20 years, and concluded that all major Jewish groups share a common Middle Eastern origin.[9] Ostrer also claimed to have refuted the Khazar theory of Ashkenazi ancestry.[10] Citing autosomal DNA studies, Nicholas Wade estimates that "Ashkenazic and Sephardic Jews have roughly 30 percent European ancestry, with most of the rest from the Middle East." He further noticed that "The two communities seem very similar to each other genetically, which is unexpected because they have been separated for so long." Concerning this relationship he points to Atzmon's conclusions that "the shared genetic elements suggest that members of any Jewish community are related to one another as closely as are fourth or fifth cousins in a large population, which is about 10 times higher than the relationship between two people chosen at random off the streets of New York City"[11] Concerning North African Jews, autosomal genetic analysis in 2012 revealed that North African Jews are genetically close to European Jews. This finding "shows that North African Jews date to biblical-era Israel, and are not largely the descendants of natives who converted to Judaism,"[12] Y DNA studies examine various paternal lineages of modern Jewish populations. Such studies tend to imply a small number of founders in an old population whose members parted and followed different migration paths.[13] In most Jewish populations, these male line ancestors appear to have been mainly Middle Eastern. For example, Ashkenazi Jews share more common paternal lineages with other Jewish and Middle Eastern groups than with non-Jewish populations in areas where Jews lived in Eastern Europe, Germany and the French Rhine Valley. This is consistent with Jewish traditions in placing most Jewish paternal origins in the region of the Middle East.[14][3]

Here is the other side (Dr. Ostrer is specifically mentioned):

https://forward.com/news/israel/175912/ ... erce-atta/

PS, My ancestry is German/Alsacian on my father's side and mostly Scots-Irish on the other. For all I know I am part-Jewish, but it would have to be at least four or five generations distant.
Last edited by Old Ducker on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 pm

And this (because I could only post one url in a message):

https://www.livescience.com/40247-ashke ... genes.html

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm

If course Jewish folks are not a "race" any more than Laplander people are...but they are a group highly related to origins in a a particular place in the world...the Levant...and who have maintained a genetic linkage as a group over centuries.

The whole Jew as a race bugaboo doesn't need science to delouse...Hitler's propaganda machine and it's use of racial purity cast the Jewish peoples as an "inferior race".

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:20 am

billybud wrote:If course Jewish folks are not a "race" any more than Laplander people are...but they are a group highly related to origins in a a particular place in the world...the Levant...and who have maintained a genetic linkage as a group over centuries.

The whole Jew as a race bugaboo doesn't need science to delouse...Hitler's propaganda machine and it's use of racial purity cast the Jewish peoples as an "inferior race".

I don't believe that blond haired, blue eyed jews (netanyahu, oren) are even remotely related to the levant. In this country we have billionaire zionist jews and very powerful jewish lobbies who tell us what our policies will be and finance them. It is not possible to be elected to any important position in this country unless you put Israel's interests first. There is no denying that fact. RT America, the Russian financed internet media has recently been required to register as an agent of a foreign government yet all they do is tell the truth because Russia has nothing to lose. Trump is right about fake news. AIPAC can threaten any US public official with no fear of reprisal. Is it wrong to think of Israel as a malicious parasite? Ban me if you wish, but in my opinion, the good guys are Iran, Russia and Syria and the bad guys...the financiers and supporters of terrorists are the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia. Everything is upside down now.

From everything I know, the Iranian people are friendly to us. It's a shame we are not allowed to become closer to them. If President Trump really cared about MAGA,
I couldnt think of a better way to bring it about than to resume trading relations with an advanced nation of 80 million people. Despite all of the lies, I can't think of any Iranian terrorists and their current leaders seem quite level headed to me.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am

LOL....and my blonde haired blue eyed wife doesn't have a full blooded ancestor, Quaty Aquatake) AKA Gadishi Adohi, of the Wild Potato clan. Interestingly...my wife is fair skinned, blonde, blue eyed...and her sister is dark, and dark eyed...she was called the "papoose" of the family.

Genes assert themselves differently even when we carry them. We carry a load of genes, some quite diluted since genes are in a continuous flow over generations...those of western european extract, carry about 3 % Neanderthal genes on average, for example....I'll bet that there are some who are more Neanderthal than others...

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 am

Old Ducker...and I don't need to continue this...I find anti semitism repugnant...and will not continue this conversation.

Peace...Shalom...Bet on Oregon.

Return to “General Discussion”