Happy 71rst Birthday Billybud

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Happy 71rst Birthday Billybud

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I know this is coming 7 days late, but;

Happy Birthday!!

I guess the `noles gave you a present last week on your Birthday, in keeping their Bowl streak alive.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Happy 71rst Birthday Billybud

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Yes, belated greeting on the Anniversary of your birth. Hope this next year is your best.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:13 am

Thanks guys.....older than dirt but younger than Donovan...he's the Primordial One now that Howdy has left us.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:35 pm

71, hmm, does that make you a Boomer or a Silent? Either way its darn near pre-hippie. :D
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Happy Birthday BB!
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 am

Pre Hippy?.. ....I guess I missed the Haight Ashbury era...I do remember the Summer of Love...but my hair was very short and I wore that ever fashionable shade of green that all of us chose to wear while in the big green machine. And I didn't get to wear flowers in my hair.

But I was in the swing by 1969 and Woodstock...going to school in jeans and my old field jacket while my hair grew out and I fit right in.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Happy belated birthday. Heres hoping for a good year ahead.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Welcome back Highfly; I trust you were able to stay warm on your trip.

I'm sure you were feeling warm when the Clock hit 0:00 ...

Army trailed most of the game, but fought like heck to get back in it. How about that last drive? 2 back to back 5 yard penalties, pushing Navy 10 yards further away from the goal posts. Then the Kicker boots the ball hard enough to get there, just hooks it slightly to the left. What a finish!

A great win for the Black Knights. And, Army brought the Commander In Chief trophy home for the first time since 1996.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Lots of fun on the trip, including a day in NYC, and yes since the wind was minimal we were able to stay content during the game, I think last year in Baltimore was colder. The snow made the team more hesitant on the option. Did not pitch the ball wide until the 4th quarter. The missed FG by Army actually worked out for them in a round about way. The defense had time to regroup during the long drive and quickly got the 3 and out setting up good field position for the eventual winning TD.

As for Navy, we were actually sitting in the end zone were he kicked it toward. Actually thought the Army FG was going to be right at us too, but quarter ended and he went and hooked it going on the other side. Navy's kick was looking good for the longest time but when it went wide, we went jumping for joy. Fun watching the Cadets rush the field making snow angels and such. Another great game between these two.

After 4 straight trips, I told the guys last month that I am likely unable to continue going, couldnt have asked for much more though. Being able to witness this game in the snow, Army taking the Commander in Chief trophy home, all the pregame festivities that make the game so special. I really am thankful for it.

Return to “General Discussion”