Boise State v Oregon Vegas Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Boise State v Oregon Vegas Bowl

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm

I think with the exiting of Taggart Oregon is going to struggle in this game. I think Boise's defense has been good and they will shut down passing and do all right with the runs. Not sure how motivated the assistants for Oregon are motivated right now as they all are probably looking for jobs. Taggart is not the most popular guy in Oregon right now. My money today is on Sumlin being the next coach. I would be all right with that.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Boise State v Oregon Vegas Bowl

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 pm

I agree. I was going to pick Boise State in this game anyway. Taggart leaving just made it an easier pick.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 am

Go with Oregon...

Oregon is the better team...and they will play hard for their acting coach, Jim Leavitt.

Leavitt wants to be a HC again and he will have the team rallied around him...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

You may be right about Leavitt, but the program is in disarray. Good thing the game is early because time would not be on Oregon's side. It is no revelation that while recruiting coaches lie, but Taggart took it to a new level. In what has been touted as one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, they are decommits, four and opening back up looking of,a half-dozen. The recruits went on the radio as a group and compared notes does not bode well for Willie. But he's rich and gets a fresh start. Looking for the NCAA to protect these kids is an exercise in futility.

Boise by 16

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Well....FSU had four 4-star recruits decommit when Jimbo announced he was leaving...par for the course
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Things are positive in Bluejeans...er Eugene. Oregon will win rather easily.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:28 pm

We need those dollars we use to have.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:28 am

Why would anyone want to play in the Vegas Bowl? Oh...nobody has explained it to me this way before.[img]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 am

As long as they stay off Fremont street. :lol:

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm

I would think that Vegas has got to be one of the best places to play in a bowl for the players and coaches (and their families)...or just to play.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Old Ducker wrote:I would think that Vegas has got to be one of the best places to play in a bowl for the players and coaches (and their families)...or just to play.

Certainly easy to convince wife/husband and friends to take the trip. When I was there...several years back for the game, there were so many bowl-related activities and most of them free or very inexpensive.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:12 am

I've never been to Vegas ... mainly because I'm not so into the glitz & glam in excess.

However; for a College Football game, I could be convinced ... this is one of those games I feel I'd be a fan of the environment, rather than the outcome.

Now that most of my ties to Florida are removed [I still have one], I do not think I'll be making the trip for the Orange Bowl. It is my favorite of all the venues [though, I miss the old Orange Bowl].

Maybe one year I'll just bounce the country, and see how many Bowl games I can fit in, in one season.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:.

I've never been to Vegas ... mainly because I'm not so into the glitz & glam in excess.

However; for a College Football game, I could be convinced ... this is one of those games I feel I'd be a fan of the environment, rather than the outcome.

Now that most of my ties to Florida are removed [I still have one], I do not think I'll be making the trip for the Orange Bowl. It is my favorite of all the venues [though, I miss the old Orange Bowl].

Maybe one year I'll just bounce the country, and see how many Bowl games I can fit in, in one season.

I don't gamble. I'm not against it necessarily, I just don't care to play the table games. Vegas is still a pretty cool place to go. The themed hotels are cool and it just the amount of activity going on all the time is amazing. I wouldn't ever go hang out for a week, but 4 days is a good trip. The food is excellent and there is a lot to just walk around and see.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Vegas isn't bad...you could be in the Famous Potato Bowl in Boise where the temperature will be 15 degrees.

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Spence wrote:I don't gamble. I'm not against it necessarily, I just don't care to play the table games. Vegas is still a pretty cool place to go. The themed hotels are cool and it just the amount of activity going on all the time is amazing. I wouldn't ever go hang out for a week, but 4 days is a good trip. The food is excellent and there is a lot to just walk around and see.

I agree with all of this. I went several years ago and enjoyed it greatly. Fun shows and just walking around the strip. I think catching a Vegas Knights games would enjoyable. Hockey isnt a priority for everyone though.

Return to “General Discussion”