Blue vs OSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Blue vs OSU

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 am

A great QB can be the difference between having a championship level team...and a 9-10 game winning team.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:20 am

I have wondered a few times this year, how much better would Miami be, if Quinton Flowers were our QB.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 am

UCF with a NFL caliber QB (Blake Bortles) went 12-1 in 2013...by 2015, without him, UCF went 0-12...one of the great collapses of all time.

Marshall between 1998 and 2002 had Byron Leftwich and Chad Pennington...they had years of 12-1, 13-0, 11-2, 11-2...then dropped off in 2004 to go six years without a plus 500 season.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 pm

A QB does make the difference. Harbaugh can teach the position. He has been looking and will find one. Michigan’s defense is ready. They are reloading like they should be. The offensive had a way to go. A great QB could make up for lots of other deficiencies. That has always been the winning MO for them. Ohio State usually had better talent guy for guy, but Michigan always had a very good QB who made the deference. That has been missing for a long time.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Not that it is relevant, which never stops me, I find the position that is undervalued...many do not give scholarships.. Field Goal kickers.

Saying QB make the difference is like saying a ship sails better if someone is steering it.

Meyer wants a full-blown investigation about some guy making $7.50 an hour is just trying to get his cart where it is supposed to be. Maybe Mueller can head that up for him when he is done with his current epic investigation going nowhere.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:48 pm

donovan wrote:Not that it is relevant, which never stops me, I find the position that is undervalued...many do not give scholarships.. Field Goal kickers.

Saying QB make the difference is like saying a ship sails better if someone is steering it.

Meyer wants a full-blown investigation about some guy making $7.50 an hour is just trying to get his cart where it is supposed to be. Maybe Mueller can head that up for him when he is done with his current epic investigation going nowhere.

?I agree that an investigation is silly. Still, A guy on the sidelines shouldn't not associated with the teams shouldn't have an impact on the game - and he did.

I agree about kickers. I think Urban Meyer may after this year.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:59 am

billybud wrote:UCF with a NFL caliber QB (Blake Bortles) went 12-1 in 2013...by 2015, without him, UCF went 0-12...one of the great collapses of all time..

It sure didn't hurt UCF having Miami transfer Storm Johnson at running back for the 2013 season, either.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”