Blue vs OSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Blue vs OSU

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:29 pm

WoW!!

Maybe the best opening drive I've seen from Michigan all season.
The way Ohio State's respond may set the tone for this game.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Blue vs OSU

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:49 pm

This is the game I saw coming.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:53 pm

O' man ...

That call may have been saving grace for the Buckeyes.

They called holding on OSU's O-line, with the ball in the punter's hands, while he was in the end zone. That is supposed to be a safety. Instead, they gave Michigan, half the distance to the goal, after the return.

Ohio State lucked out on that one.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm

huh... Sort of a drop back lob version of the Tebow hop goal line TD pass.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Nice move by Barrett. But right now, he is the offense.

He's gonna need some help if they want to make it a game.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:26 pm

O'Korn made a huge mistake ...

Should've thrown that one away. Instead, he just stood there watching the OSU pass rush run in and sack him. 10 yard loss. If I'm Meyer/Shiano, I keep the pressure on, and blitz all day.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Is it just me or does Ohio State run the same play on first down every single play.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Barrett is a good player. He has performed well for the Buckeyes.
But this kid that went in when Barrett went down, is lights out.

Ohio State looks better with him behind center.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Barrett is a good player. He doesn’t have the skill of some. He is a smart player and will be an outstanding coach.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:55 pm

John O'Korn is the absolute worst QB in the FBS. The guy will freeze when a play doesn't go according to script, his footwork is God awful, and can't see open receivers down the field. You guys thought I was joking about preferring UTSA's 3rd string QB, but I wasn't. :lol: He's seriously so bad, he looks like he's never even played collegiate football before in his life.

My idea for the offense would have been to use Higdon or Evans in the Wildcat like 20-30% of the snaps. Anything, seriously anything, other than put the ball in his hands. So he trips on 2nd and 1 and overthrows two wide open receivers and just when you get an inkling of hope he slugs you in the gut so hard with a pass that never even had a prayer. Michigan is so thoroughly average and they had a shot to win this game, which is amazing in and of itself. But they even had me convinced that we had a 10% of winning that game with a touchdown and decent position with 4 downs at our disposal which was a huge reversal of where I stood prior to kickoff. And, like usual, gut-punch.

It's never going to end. Even when Michigan becomes "good" again, they'll just keep losing close, well-fought games. I don't care what any rational analysis says, "oh just wait until they get their QB! It'll end eventually!" Stop. You make sense on paper, but this monkey on their backs just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I'll give it until 2023, that'll the be year.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:15 pm

This was exactly the game I thought it would be. Win or lose, but I thought we would win and Peters would beat us. Ohio State will be beat by Eisconsin. I guess by regular standards it is a sub par year but Ohio State beats Michigan and Buckeyes win so all is good.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Peters wouldn't have won. We would have been 85% of the way there as usual, but fail to seal the deal on make-or-break plays. Same story.

Spence thinks I'm joking about this, but you've got it made, because this will never end. At least not for the next 5-7 years. You can sit back and rationally explain why the future will probably be a different case, but it won't. Michigan is psychologically fragile with respect to this game and they'll remain that way until Ohio State comes in and blows a matchup. Michigan will never take the game from OSU, they have to back into a win which will give them the confidence going forward.

It's the same thing, everybody just kind of stands around waiting for somebody else to make it happen. They think the breaks and odds of finally getting a W are like a function of nature. Wrong, somebody actually has to STEP UP and make it happen. Team has zero killer instincts and they lack confidence. They look like they have confidence, but it's more of a facade. It's faux-confidence.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Welcome to my world in the 80’s and 90’s.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:17 am

There are some little birdies out there thinking Shea Patterson might come to Michigan. His family is from Toledo and are apparently Wolverine fans. Patterson has a great arm and is extremely mobile, would be an obvious and instant upgrade in the best way imaginable. He's exactly who I'd be looking for, somebody who can throw the ball downfield who can also keep plays alive with his legs. Somebody like Trace McSorley.

Michigan could actually accomplish things if they somehow got Patterson. Maybe. :roll:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:19 am

Who wouldn't want to come to Michigan as a stud QB? Free playing time because of your awful competition at a prestige program and a great school on a team that is a QB away from doing some special things. I realize Michigan is now an afterthought since high schoolers can't even remember when Michigan used to be very good, but still. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”