Let the games begin

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Let the games begin

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Less than 7 days for many teams to start the 2017 football season. I, for one, can hardly wait. I've already stocked up on snacks and drinks. Let the mayhem begin.

Have fun, Swamp daddy 8)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Let the games begin

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

It's been a long off season for me. I for one, am ready for my favorite distraction to get my heart pumping again.

I am anxious to see how the `Canes have progressed. We needed massive work on the O-line. There was a lot of skill at the position last season; but next to no development. If Miami is going to be strong in 2017, we need to be able to hold the line. If we do that, there is there is a solid chance of having a special year.

Of course, this also requires a quarterback who is capable. Brad Kaaya was a decent player. The best QB from the U in a long time. He's gone now [drafted by the Detroit Lions], so we'll have to see how well a first year starter can perform in the system. The upside, is that Richt has great communication with the QB position. He was a quarterback in College, himself, and understands what needs to be addressed in order to have success.

It's been a drought for many years in Coral Gables. Time to Rise; Elevating up to the next Level.

Looking for 10 W's in 2017 ---

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:42 pm

OHIO State has a veteren line returning on both sides. Hopefully the offensive line with be better on the right side this year. Defensively we lost all four db's so that may be an issue early trying to go against a veteren qb in Oklahoma. Should be a pretty good year.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:48 am

Miami, if they get good QB play, will be pretty good this year.

The defense will be good, the front four are very good and all seven in the box return. The question for the Canes, as with the Noles, is how does the O line perform?

Mark Walton is a premier RB and will gain 1000 yards...if the QB is good enough to mix up the offense, the Canes will win 10-12 games.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am

NAMES....

Last year, I liked Equanimeous St. Brown at Notre Dame....Edgar Allen Poe at Army, and Man Berg at Illinois.

Will be looking for great names again this year...got my eyes on Divine Deablo (VT) as one of the 2017 names I like.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 pm

billybud wrote:got my eyes on Divine Deablo (VT)

Kind of a contrast in contradiction of an appellation, isn't it ..?
Reminds me of the MLB player, Angel Pagan.

So does this make them, Neutrality .?.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”