Rose Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Rose Bowl

Postby WoVeU » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:53 pm

I think we have seen a clinic on how to adjust to pressure. Penn State has really impressed me.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Re: Rose Bowl

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:32 pm

The field is a mess, whoever was supposed to get that ready should be fired. This isn't football, this is, "run a bunch of people deep and when one of the DBs inevitably slips just throw it to the guy for 7 points." :roll:

Miami Beach Bowl is the same way every year. You can't play defense because the defense can only react to what the offensive player decides to do. In the open field he has a split second advantage and that makes all the difference in the world.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 pm

It was all the things you say....but hard to beat for excitement.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:48 pm

donovan wrote:It was all the things you say....but hard to beat for excitement.

I agree
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:45 am

USC is going to get some good mileage out of Sam Darnold's arm in the next couple of years :shock:

My only concern for them is whether or not Clay Helton is "big-time." I doubt he will manage to put USC in position to win a playoff.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:48 am

So if the final four was as it should have been, Penn State would have been trounced by Alabama and I suspect Ohio State would have beaten USC. (True or not, this is the type of thinking that is used to rewrite the sports pages)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:50 am

donovan wrote:So if the final four was as it should have been, Penn State would have been trounced by Alabama and I suspect Ohio State would have beaten USC. (True or not, this is the type of thinking that is used to rewrite the sports pages)

Ohio State doesn't have an offense at all right now. I don't think we beat SC either. The good thing that will come out of this is it will force Ohio State to make the changes in their offensive coaching staff that should have been made last year. Last year's players masked the problems. This year, having the youngest starting group of all 128 teams, the warts started to show mid season. There is a lot of talent on Ohio State's team. They are going to lose 6 or so this year too. There are lots of talented guys coming in this year. The coaches need to be in place to develop those guys. I would think Beck would be gone. I'm not sure why he was hired in the first place. I think Warinner will go back to coaching the offensive line, and I think Zack Smith will be reassigned.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”