Torture

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Torture

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 am

I notice some joined this conversation in 2005, 2006 and some later. We have lost some of our friends and others perhaps just moved on. This is ten years we have been friends. We have all changed and our commentaries are reflections of our lives. Like you all, I don't go to as many games. I went to a high school game and left early because I was cold....that would have not happened ten years ago.
We watched football this Thanksgiving with our families and like was expressed, they know more than I ever thought, certainly more than I. The salient comment, "Dad, you can't run every play straight up the middle...and we don't have fullbacks anymore.....we don't?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:23 pm

The cool thing about where I live is I can be in a number of stadiums within a two hour drive. Three hours away if I get crazy. Most are ACC stadiums, and I just enjoy the game. UVA, Virginia Tech, Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Appalachian State, East Carolina, Wake Forest, etc. are all within 3 hours from me. I go just to enjoy the game, the crowd, the tailgating. I went to a small college, so I really don't have alumni status ties to the FBS schools. I have been a Michigan fan since I was little (family said I loved the helmets when I was a child). I have never had season tickets (probably couldn't afford them anyway), but I have been to every stadium listed above. I used to enjoy all the bowl games, and knew every conference member, coach, stadium name, etc. but I have two kids now, a great 2nd wife (after first wife decided that me and the kids wasn't in her life plan anymore). I still watch the games, but I realize that other things come first at times. At times, I was watching Gameday until the late games. Now, I am okay with the highlights, the parts of games I catch during the day, and the night games.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:21 pm

donovan wrote:I notice some joined this conversation in 2005, 2006 and some later. We have lost some of our friends and others perhaps just moved on. This is ten years we have been friends. We have all changed and our commentaries are reflections of our lives. Like you all, I don't go to as many games. I went to a high school game and left early because I was cold....that would have not happened ten years ago.
We watched football this Thanksgiving with our families and like was expressed, they know more than I ever thought, certainly more than I. The salient comment, "Dad, you can't run every play straight up the middle...and we don't have fullbacks anymore.....we don't?

Michigan and Stanford still have fullbacks. :lol: We aren't completely irrelevent.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:13 pm

I wonder just "what is a fullback, now a days ?"....

FSU runs a full back (241 pound Stephenson and 226 pound Vickers) but also runs a two tailback set with 232 lb TB Jacques Patrick who sometimes lead blocks and sometimes receives the ball.

Patrick is a 232 pound TB...and Vickers is a 226 pound FB. I dunno.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:46 pm

I think Patrick is going to be the next stud, after Freeman, Williams, and Cook.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:06 am

billybud wrote:(he is now living in my house in Tallahassee, a caretaker of sorts. I prefer to call it care taker, it sounds nicer than freeloader).

This made me chuckle.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

Bump :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 am

The more things change the more they stay the same.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”