Baseball v. Football

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Baseball v. Football

Postby donovan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Football is so far behind the times. Let a little air out of the ball and it's national news. Baseball has been fixing, changing the ball since Abner Doubleday.

First the league does it it thing without telling any one and then the umps do their thing....how the ball is rubbed...and then of course the pitchers take over, emery boards, pitch and of course the universal solvent, spit.

Yep...football is so far behind.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Baseball v. Football

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:02 pm

It is really silly what is going on. In baseball most agree that scuffing the ball provides an advantage. In football, it really is different between quarterbacks how they like the ball. Rodgers likes it over inflated. Brady - well we know his preference. I think it provides a psychological advantage, but is it real? I don't think so or they would all be going for the same ball. I think this is all contrived by the NFL to draw attention to their championship game. They are getting an amazing amount of free advertising because of this and nothing will come of it - except a little controversy. Maybe the NFL has learned something from the way ESPN has handled college football.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Baseball v. Football

Postby Derek » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm glad the public can focus on this, seeing as how the rest of society is going so well. :(

But I will say that, "at my age" I would rather play baseball than football. But for watching on TV, I would rather watch football.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”