Where is the line drawn.

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Where is the line drawn.

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:21 am

Sometimes I feel I should clarify what I really believe...has nothing to do with most of my diatribes. I believe in God and think He is the Organizer of all things; how He chose to do it, I have only opinions. I think science, the best we understand it, should be adhered to for the good of mankind. I do not believe that science conflicts with my religious beliefs. I am concerned that ethical discussion, as Mr. Billybud stated, is not carried on as rapidly as the development of new discoveries. I believe everyone should have the right to worship according to the dictates of their own conscience and allow others to do the same. And as always, your rights stop before they reach my nose.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 pm

donovan wrote:Sometimes I feel I should clarify what I really believe...has nothing to do with most of my diatribes. I believe in God and think He is the Organizer of all things; how He chose to do it, I have only opinions. I think science, the best we understand it, should be adhered to for the good of mankind. I do not believe that science conflicts with my religious beliefs. I am concerned that ethical discussion, as Mr. Billybud stated, is not carried on as rapidly as the development of new discoveries. I believe everyone should have the right to worship according to the dictates of their own conscience and allow others to do the same. And as always, your rights stop before they reach my nose.

We are completely on the same page.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Duke1632
All-American
All-American

Postby Duke1632 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:10 pm

That makes three (on the same page).
The athletic team of my geographic region is superior to the team from your geographic region.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Duke1632 wrote:That makes three (on the same page).

And a 4th.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:22 pm

This makes complete sense to me. :roll:

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:32 pm

These are the discussions I miss!

-Science should be adhered, the study of...and the scientific method, for all common pursuits. (Governance could use a huge and Real injection of this.)

-Survival of the Fittest is readily observable, Evolution as a whole and as currently propogated, is ridiculous and full of more holes than Swiss cheese.
*We have actively bred cows, goats, sheep, dogs, and cats for 5000 years. With purposeful intellect and intent on tight annual schedules and yet
we have achieved, hair, pigment, bone, and muscle differences.
*They have dig up Allosaurus across 15 million years...unchanged. And we can witness Sauropods across 100 million years and see the general form. (Seems powerful slow)
*And these distinctions of species and the SoF progress never examines system development...brain/nervous system, cardio sys, digestive system, glands/hormones. Where the collective generation of these in a breedable population would be many, many fold more difficult than musco-skeletal differentiations for environmental adjustment.
*We see one notable mutation today...it is called cancer...that crap kills you...should we do better at letting it alone and see what develops!?!?!

-What is the biggest killer? Religion/Government/Economics...simple, it is man. And when he sets about cruel and vicious acts he will invoke the highest power that he can possibly sell to defend his motives.

-Groups...I think the more you talk about it the more problematic it gets...defense mechanisms and leveling gets involved and it starts a cycle you can't stop.
Being uber-libertarian in many ways...let people collect and form in the manner and distinction they choose and let natural socio-economic reactions sort it out.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Pogo, "We have met the enemy and it is us." I am always amazed that strict evolutionists become political liberals and are the biggest proponents of not letting anything evolve. (There is nothing inherently wrong with being liberal...I can name many things where we should be individually and collectively liberal in the original definition.)...

I like the fact we can talk about all of this....today...9/2/14 is a sad day in American History, not only for what was done to an American Journalist, but for our response.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm

donovan wrote:Pogo, "We have met the enemy and it is us." I am always amazed that strict evolutionists become political liberals and are the biggest proponents of not letting anything evolve. (There is nothing inherently wrong with being liberal...I can name many things where we should be individually and collectively liberal in the original definition.)...

I like the fact we can talk about all of this....today...9/2/14 is a sad day in American History, not only for what was done to an American Journalist, but for our response.

I believe when we can't talk about things that we may disagree on about any subject, we stop learning. I think there should always be two sides to a discussion. Nothing is ever black and white. I resent the fact that our society wants to make everything black and white instead of taking all subjects as they come.

I also agree with Donovan about the journalist and our response. I wonder how many more will die until the liberal journalistic community start to see this president for what he is -- an incompetent leader. Truth, whether it supports your beliefs or not is the only way you get to real answers.

I believe in a supreme being. I also can't deny evolution. I don't see those things being in conflict. One is a matter of faith and I have faith. One is a matter of science and yes I believe that evolution has enough science behind it that it is no longer theoretical. I don't know for sure how God works. I don't understand how God works, but I believe that he does and is.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 pm

donovan wrote:Pogo, "We have met the enemy and it is us." I am always amazed that strict evolutionists become political liberals and are the biggest proponents of not letting anything evolve. (There is nothing inherently wrong with being liberal...I can name many things where we should be individually and collectively liberal in the original definition.)...

Boy you ain't lying about the evolutionist...for it being their Bible...they sure don't run their church by it! (True liberality is best done at the close, personal, and even intimate level.) While traveling a few weeks ago my son played some pod casts. One revealed a study on giving, and not at all surprisingly it found that the more the respondents identified as liberal the less they gave to charities sand churches. (The liberal agenda hinges on those that are not being forced to liberal it up!)

As for our lost citizen...I hold out some hope that Obama and crew may be silent because they are being smart enough to let the enemy coalesce for a while (while having our ears on) so that for once in this War on Terror we might have an enemy under 1 flag that we can bomb the s**t out of! *I understand the odds of this being the case.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:56 pm

I fully agree with you Spence. When we stop discussing and articulating our differences...they can only grow.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 pm

WoVeU wrote:I fully agree with you Spence. When we stop discussing and articulating our differences...they can only grow.

And the key is to discuss, not to dictate. Moral superiority by large entities only destroys individual freedom.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:41 pm

donovan wrote:

BINGO!!!

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”