FIRE BRADY HOKE

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FIRE BRADY HOKE

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:33 am

Some Buckeye fans thought close was good. I remember Gee saying it was like a win when we tied Michigan under Cooper. I agree with you that winning is the only acceptable outcome in the game. I do think that you can take some positives out of a loss, though, and there were several for Michigan yesterday.

Meyer has not proved he can sustain a program yet. He has never been anywhere long enough. We will have to see where he takes this one. I know that he will never win here consistently with a defense like we have now. He is living in a perfect storm. Next year Ohio State goes to full strength on scholarships. Ohio State needs to take a step up then and move past rebuilding to reloading again.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Eric wrote: We're the odd program out that has to suffer with mere above-averageness-that-will-never-allow-the-administration-to-make-a-coaching-change (see: Georgia, Iowa, Nebraska, etc).

In Georgia's case, they've been hovering around National title contention, with a disappointing season mixed in, here & there. A coaching change doesn't quite make sense, in their situation.

Iowa, I would have agreed with you last year ... but there was some sort of a turn around this season. Not much of a comfort to Hawkeye fans, having lost 4 games --- although, every team Iowa lost to, was ranked. And, other than Wisconsin, they played much closer in the losses to Ohio State & Michigan State than most people expected.

Nebraska, on-the-other-hand, may very well be a year late on the move. A change needs to be made soon. I understand, they are a bit leery on that position, having gone through as many head coaches as they did a few years back ... but they need to cut ties now, before disaster hits.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah, I think Georgia is obviously the best-off among those three and they've had the most success. I feel that the lack of a SEC championship since 2005 has also played into the fans' frustration though. They have had some down times, but it's been mixed in with a lot more peaks relative to Michigan, Nebraska, and Iowa.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Old Ducker wrote:Eric,

Please put your Michigan uniform back on. You look ridiculous in that outfit. :lol:

:lol: Or at least put on a respectable Northern Illinois getup if you must go that route, so we don't assume you've bailed on Michigan in favor of their 1-11 Western counterpart... or their 2-10 Eastern...

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 am

Bump :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”