2013 College World Series

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

2013 College World Series

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 pm

I have been avidly watching the Series. I saw Oregon State play about five games this year and they have look good. So here are some of my observations:

1. I was disappointed FSU did not make it. I thought they would and down deep wanted them to play Oregon State...maybe not so down deep, Mr. Billybud.

2. LSU who seemed to be unbeatable going into this was anything but.

3. UCLA's record is for real as is the team.

4. Louisville who I wanted to do well hit the losers bracket the second round, that is a hard battle and errors killed them you can not make 4 errors and win.

5. Indiana is good but they will have their hand full with Oregon State. Errors killed OSU in their first game, but they have powerrful offense and Casey is one of the better coaches.

6. In a Mississippi St OSU rematch, I think OSU will take it.

7. UCLA has to be favorite at this juncture to take it all.

8. Hitting is more important than pitching for these teams. This new ball field is not hitter friendly. Teams have to keep the ball on the ground. Losing teams have flied and popped out.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2013 College World Series

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:26 am

I have been busy with kids in sports and haven't gotten the chance to see the teams. Hopefully I get to see the finals.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:33 pm

This was a rebuilding year for FSU...they went further than any of us expected preseason....

Oregon State looks to be in the drivers seat, as of now.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:26 am

Unfortunately, with the new bats and the new stadium, they removed the Homerun from the College World Series. I believe there may have only been 3 or 4 for the all the games in Omaha.

I watched quite a bit of the College playoffs and World Series.

It was suggested by a couple of the announcers that possibly they could use the ball that is being used in the Minor leagues and that might put a little more offense back into the game. One of the things that I have liked about the college game is more runs. Not necessarily wanting 17-16 games but not all the 2-1 games either.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Return to “Off-Topic”