Blue Ridge Bound

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Blue Ridge Bound

Postby billybud » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 am

My wife and I have roamed on the Harley from the Lancaster Pa. Amish to Willy's Luckenbach haunt in Texas Hill country and all points in between....but we keep returning to the North Carolina mountains. We ride every road between Mouth of Wilson, Virginia and the the Cherohala Skyway.

After discussing how our hearts always have us returning to these mountains, we have taken the big jump. My offer on a mountain cabin was accepted yesterday.

We hope to hold dual citizenship....winter in Florida, late spring, summer, and fall in North Carolina. My son will keep the tickets (with dutiful thankfulness) and I will watch fall games off of the dish.

Now...if I only played golf. Such beautiful courses.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Blue Ridge Bound

Postby Spence » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 am

Some of the greatest courses around. The Carolina's are my favorites too. I hope to some day finish out my days there. Congrats on getting the cabin.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:59 am

Hoo boy...they are finishing up the cabin this week.

I guess I now need to learn to fly cast. My trusty old Penn Senator just won't do the trick in the mountains...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 am

Escaping the hot humid Summers of Florida. Not a bad idea. Enjoy your retreat.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Closed Friday and moved furniture in Saturday and then drove back to Florida on Monday. As soon as I clear the three weeks of the radiation regime, I will be heading back up to the cabin on the ridge.

After moving all day Saturday, we went down into the small town nearby and listened to a Blue Grass concert and then slept like the dead.

I could get Donovan here...but I would have to have a preorientation for him to help his left coast liberal brain adjust to life as it is here.

I would get him a subscription to Garden and Gun (the magazine of southern culture.

http://gardenandgun.com/

And I would have him fly in wearing the T shirt that I would send him...

An offiical looking ATF T shirt.

............................................ATF
............................Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

...............................(you bringing the chips?)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Just watch this youtube video and your brain will be permanently rewired...LOL. No more latte slurping, no more Volvo driving, no more listening to elevator music....

Locals gather in the parking lot in Ocoee to sing bluegrass...give a real (R-E-A-L) feel for the locals. Ocoee is a Florida town in central Fla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc5PfUY-vRM

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 pm

billybud wrote:Closed Friday and moved furniture in Saturday and then drove back to Florida on Monday. As soon as I clear the three weeks of the radiation regime, I will be heading back up to the cabin on the ridge.

After moving all day Saturday, we went down into the small town nearby and listened to a Blue Grass concert and then slept like the dead.

I could get Donovan here...but I would have to have a preorientation for him to help his left coast liberal brain adjust to life as it is here.

I would get him a subscription to Garden and Gun (the magazine of southern culture.

http://gardenandgun.com/

And I would have him fly in wearing the T shirt that I would send him...

An offiical looking ATF T shirt.

............................................ATF
............................Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

...............................(you bringing the chips?)

It would be good for me to study some more Anthropology.
...and you know, I will bring the chips.....see there are principles that transcend generations.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm

billybud wrote:Just watch this youtube video and your brain will be permanently rewired...LOL. No more latte slurping, no more Volvo driving, no more listening to elevator music....

Locals gather in the parking lot in Ocoee to sing bluegrass...give a real (R-E-A-L) feel for the locals. Ocoee is a Florida town in central Fla.

OK...sadly...I do like Bluegrass....however most notable in the Video is the FOR LEASE sign with Nader Khatib as the realtor....

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok Donovan....

Anytime next spring, summer, or fall (after March 15), if you fly into Atlanta, my wife and I would pick you up and take you to the mountains (a couple of hours driving) for a while and then bring you back to catch a return flight at your leisure.

Late Spring is pretty (April-May)..the summer has music every weekend in the small town venues (blue grass in particular but country as well), and the fall, late October in particular, has the turning of the leaves.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Its a deal, I will be honored.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

donovan wrote:
billybud wrote:Just watch this youtube video and your brain will be permanently rewired...LOL. No more latte slurping, no more Volvo driving, no more listening to elevator music....

OK...sadly...I do like Bluegrass....however most notable in the Video is the FOR LEASE sign with Nader Khatib as the realtor....

It's a brave New World Donovan. :(
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:07 am

Careful though . . . with Billybud at the helm, his wife will be riding on the back of the Hog . . . that leaves Donovan in the BS (sidecar). :D

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Billybud, congratulations on the mountain cabin.

I moved to an expressly rural area in Michigan and it's done me many favors, I wish the same for you.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks...

I look forward to getting up there...as soon as I finish my radiation regime...I'm 8 treatments in and 22 to go....I'll be on my way. By mid October at latest...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Good luck with the fight.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”