Who are these women? Typhoind Marys?

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Who are these women? Typhoind Marys?

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:41 pm

OK... am I the only one that on this website on the banner ad above this message board...I am seeing it right now, get a picture of four older women that have more cleavage than an Geologist Earthquakes studies. The box says "We don't like Youn Men,We want you" Well Mrs Donovan is more than I can handle..anyway....so I see this regularly and without sounding too pious, but just for the facts, I do not get nor visit any sites of prurient interests, although some SEC posting on this site appear somewhat obscene. So as I am clicking the CollegeFootballPoll main site yesterday, I clicked somewhere on that box and Eureka...these women are more endowed than Ohio States Alumni trusts. So I click off of it and of course it does not go away...and then...There is a big Virus alert on my computer.......All is well with that...but I just thought I would mention to whomever there are banner ads here that are as tainted as Alabama's football past...well maybe not that much..but pretty much.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Who are these women? Typhoind Marys?

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 pm

My banner says Sears, Hilton, and Ohio State Buckeye gear. The ads are by google and usually have to do with your search cache. The banners, I do not believe are approved or disapproved by the site owner. I believe that google buys the space and then sells it. I don't know why yours has the women on it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Well.....guess I better find out who has been on this computer.......not sure I agree that this site has no control over what appears on their website.....

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:07 pm

donovan wrote:Well.....guess I better find out who has been on this computer.......not sure I agree that this site has no control over what appears on their website.....

No control in so much as they sell google the rights to do the ads. (not sure that is how it is, just guessing.) It may not be connected to the search cache, but I am the only one to use my computer and the ads I see are based on searches I have done. I have had political ads too and they were from candidates I didn't search - I don't think - so it isn't 100% that is how it works.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

I fixed it......there is a demographic profile, etc...on Google...so I changed it. All is well.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Good, glad it all worked out.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 am

donovan wrote:but I just thought I would mention to whomever there are banner ads here that are as tainted as Alabama's football past...well maybe not that much..but pretty much.

:lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:53 pm

I see nothing because I use a Chrome add-in called "AdBlock"....check it out. 8)

http://adblockplus.org/en/
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Derek wrote:I see nothing because I use a Chrome add-in called "AdBlock"....check it out. 8)

http://adblockplus.org/en/

Thanks....I did that....does not address grandson......but that I can handle....thanks...and good luck.....

Return to “Off-Topic”