End of CCHA Hockey after this season

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

End of CCHA Hockey after this season

Postby armchairqb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Possibly the only situation where it was possible for a home and home series to exist between Michigan and Ferris State(!) will be no more.

Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State(all from the CCHA), Wisconsin, Minnesota(both from the WCHA) and Penn State(independent) form Big Ten Hockey's "Original Six" to begin play in 2013-14.

Notre Dame will join the rather competitive Hockey East.

Miami, OH and Western Michigan join six of the westernmost schools from the WCHA(Western Collegiate Hockey Association) to form the NCHC(National Collegiate Hockey Conference) to begin play in 2013-14.

The WCHA will therefore absorb the remaining CCHA teams for a total of nine next season. Remaining with the WCHA: Michigan Tech, Bemijdi State, Alaska Anchorage, Minnesota State. Joining: Northern Michigan, Lake Superior State, Alaska(Fairbanks), Ferris State, Bowling Green. Their schedule next year will consist of 28 games.

I will miss the CCHA, but this future WCHA alignment might work well. All the Yooper schools are now in the same conference. The geography for next year's WCHA could be darn near perfect.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: End of CCHA Hockey after this season

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Hockey is one of those games I have always thought I would like if I learned the game, but never took the time.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Re: End of CCHA Hockey after this season

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I've always liked the arrangement that the CCHA had. It was fun to see some of the smaller Michigan schools compete against the bigger ones.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “Off-Topic”