huntin in vevay

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

huntin in vevay

Postby bama_girl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 pm

bow huntin here up nawth before the cannons start going off tomorrow. chasing an elusive 12 pointer that i scared up out of the brush when first got here. it always amazes me that i can get a signal in a tree here. this is never possible in bama.
hope you are all doing well. i watch and read here but dont post much anymore.
but now that my team seems to be falling apart im back in it tho :) i love the underdog aspect.

take care!
gina

p.s. i hate notre dames
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: huntin in vevay

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

I don't think that one game means Bama is done. I think they will be right in it in the end.

Good to see you are well. I hope you get a clean shot at your 12 point. Where up north are you? It is bow season here right now too. Gun season starts in 8 days.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 pm

im in vevay, indiana right off the ohio river. gun season starts tomorow here.

im thinkin about the past two games not just the last one haaaha
it counted as a win but it was uuuuuuglyyy
so dont be tryin steal my underdog thunder!
:lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

p.s. i hate nd :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 am

bama_girl wrote:p.s. i hate nd :lol:

That is why your my buddy. :lol: Vevay is only about 150 miles from where I live and I never heard of it. It looks like it is only about 10 minutes from Belterra. It is a pretty cool place. I have a hole in one on their golf course. You should go check it out, they usually have pretty good intertainment. You can field dress that 12 point and then go hang at Belterra afterwards.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:27 pm

I hate Notre Dame even more than USC. Good to hear from you!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:17 am

howdy derek! good to see you too!
and spence i may get over that way next season and do just that :)

now that the cats out of the bag down here (legally) im gona let yall know where i've been.
long story short, in may of 2011 i found out that my husband of 19 yrs had molested two of our daughters and was working on the third one. somehow i managed not to kill him. i got the kids out of the house and two weeks later had a seizure out of nowhere and was diagnosed with brain cancer (GBM stage 4) which was inoperable due to the location of the tumor and given 3 to 6 months to live.

at this point, we've been through a living hell but i'm in remission, the kids are in therapy and school and doing well and the child molester has been arrested and charged with 5 felony counts with more charges pending.

i lost the ability to do numbers and reason for a while leading up to discovering the brain tumor and was unable to communicate coherantly for a while there. thats why i havent been doing the pickems the past few years but i've been keeping up and i'll be back :)

it broke my heart to read the news about howdy but i'm glad the rest of you guys are still here to entertain me :P keep up the good work!

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Hang in there Bamagirl...

I hoe that things continue to look up for you....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 pm

They say that god never gives you anything you can't handle. He must know you to be one helluva strong women. I hope you and your daughters can heal from this. Luckily your daughters have a very strong mother to get them through.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Likewise. That makes me irritated just reading it. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you and your girls can pull through.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 am

Absolutely. Thank you for your strength to protect your children. God bless you and your family.

PS If we knew there was some kind of requirement to know what you were doing in the pickup and confidence, none of us would be picking them.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

donovan wrote:Absolutely. Thank you for your strength to protect your children. God bless you and your family.

PS If we knew there was some kind of requirement to know what you were doing in the pickup and confidence, none of us would be picking them.

That is exactly right.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 pm

haaaaha! thanks guys :)

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:13 pm

bama_girl, I absolutely impressed! Through all of that darkness, it sure wasn't hard to see that candle in it, unfettered by the stormy wind! One thing I have seen in my life from the strongest fighters...you don't hear a word while their enemies still have their feet under them. Only after they have their enemy on the ground do you hear the report! It is truly awesome to hear that you are on the climb and gaining momentum...Roll Tide!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”