SF v Detroit

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

SF v Detroit

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Game 2....Fister for Detroit has a dynamite slider. On TV it looks like at the last moment the ball comes to life.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: SF v Detroit

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 am

Giants are going to be hard to beat. The pitching on both sides has been excellent. Fister took one for the team with the line drive to the noggin.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 am

They are peaking at the right time. You never want to count Leyland out, but San Francisco is playing lights out baseball right now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm

I feel like a lot of this series has had some fluky elements to it. Like the bunt that made it or Barry Zito getting a base hit off of Verlander or Gene Lamont (Detroit's 3B coach) sending Fielder home on a dumb play call. But, that's not why Detroit is losing to San Francisco. They're getting dominated by the pitching staff so far. Fister was great, but the bullpen let the game get away and the offense can't generate any hits. We'll see how they do tonight. It's a must-win :(
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm

the idea baseball runs into the middle of winter....nuts......I do not want to be flipping from football to baseball to Hogans Heros..........The Giants pitching is just dominate...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:32 pm

donovan wrote:the idea baseball runs into the middle of winter....nuts......I do not want to be flipping from football to baseball to Hogans Heros..........The Giants pitching is just dominate...

I hear ya. I can't do baseball on Saturday's after Oct 20th

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 pm

I was leaning towards picking the Giants coming into this series. Usually in baseball, the team the media is hyping up coming into the series is the one that loses. Everybody thought Detroit would win 2006 because they were the popular story whereas the Cardinals "backed into" the World Series. 4-1 Cards. The Rangers were the heavy favorite for the last two years and they got beat because the lacked the mental fortitude.

This Tigers team just has issues with clutch hitting. And anybody who kept saying that the Tigers pitching staff was vastly better than the Giants' wasn't really watching baseball this year. Vogelsong, Cain, Bumgarner, and Zito make a pretty tough foursome and then you add Lincecum out of the bullpen into the mix....Plus the best bullpen in baseball probably outside of Cincinnati and you have a team that is the most well-rounded in the league.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 am

donovan wrote:the idea baseball runs into the middle of winter....nuts......I do not want to be flipping from football to baseball to Hogans Heros..........The Giants pitching is just dominate...

I had to reply to a "Hogan's Heroes" reference. One of my top five favorite shows.

Detroit's bats have been held in check by Giants pitching. Two of the series losses have been by a score of 2-0. We'll see if the Tigers can give Scherzer some run support in game four.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm

With windchill it is 37 degrees.......pitchers with pocket warmers......America has big problems. I want to know what these Presidential candidates are going to do about this...Never was like this when Warren G. Harding was President.

SF pitching has started out where it left off. Top of 2nd inning.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:12 pm

donovan wrote:With windchill it is 37 degrees.......pitchers with pocket warmers......America has big problems. I want to know what these Presidential candidates are going to do about this...Never was like this when Warren G. Harding was President.

SF pitching has started out where it left off. Top of 2nd inning.

Obama promised clean energy heat for next years series. 74 degrees if he is elected.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 am

Well...Spence was correct with his comment. San Francisco's pitching was "lights out" from the git go. The bull pen showed no weakness. Detroits big guns whimpered...mainly due to the pitching. Saw more movement on the ball during this series by SF than I can remember. Well.....that's a wrap until Spring Training......Which starts in the middle of Winter....

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 am

Romo's slider was outstanding. it broke off right on the plate. They were clearly the best team during the playoffs.

Return to “Off-Topic”