Romney v. Obama - Ramblings

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Re: Romney v. Obama - Ramblings

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:11 pm

It's not really my "answer", it's just the reality of the situation. There's nothing we can do to stop it is what I'm saying :D . Voting for Romney is going to do absolutely zilch, at least in my estimation.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I do get that, Eric. Voting for anyone may do zilch; we may be past the point of redemption, but not voting is what got us where we are. Democracy works when the plebiscite is as close to 100% as possible.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Eric wrote:It's not really my "answer", it's just the reality of the situation. There's nothing we can do to stop it is what I'm saying :D . Voting for Romney is going to do absolutely zilch, at least in my estimation.

I'm afraid that may be right, but I know what I have now and I have to move the other direction. I will vote for Romney because I want to go as close to that direction as I can get. But, no matter what we need to vote. We get the government we ask for. The problem is we (I mean mostly "we" baby boomers) are spoiled rotten and have run this country into the ground. We want everything and we want it at no cost. The bills are coming due and now instead of living off our parents, now we want to live off our children. As long as we don't have to pay, we're good.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:04 pm

donovan wrote:I do get that, Eric. Voting for anyone may do zilch; we may be past the point of redemption, but not voting is what got us where we are. Democracy works when the plebiscite is as close to 100% as possible.

Yes, this is correct IMO.

Voting, and staying WELL armed; like me. :wink:

Although I think the point about our Founding fathers thoughts on Democracy is still valid. We have departed from their ideas of what elected government should be.....and we are paying the price.

Why is the Presidential race a beauty contest??? Cause we departed from what they said....The President was never even on the ballot in the early elections.

The Senate??? Appointed by the state legislators, not the public.

I agree with the statement that we are too far gone, but I'm still gonna fight.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 pm

I think part of the problem is the press. They have made it a beauty contest. Instead of a free press that reports the facts we get a press corps that is part of the propaganda machine for either the Democrats or Republicans depending on what outlet you you choose watch, read, or listen. There is no reporting news anymore, at least at the national level.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:31 am

Nice to see them mix it up last night. Both debated with passion. I would really like to see a debate where both debaters had to tell 100% of the truth instead of the 40-60% they use now. I think Thomas Peterffy should be president.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:39 am

Candy Crowley's lying on behalf of the President was disgusting. Actually, as David Limbaugh rightly said, it would have been outrageous even if she and the President were correct here. It's up to each candidate to state his case, not the moderator. Crowley was there to organize the questions, manage the time, and be a neutral guide to the debate, not as a fact-checker or partisan water carrier. The fact that she stood before Romney and countered him with an outright lie only adds to the disgrace of the event. :x

Beyond that, Romney's outright dissection of the past four years of failed policies was excellent. It was some good mixing up. I don't see how the President received anything close to the game-changer he needed after the first debate, even with Candy Crowley's help. Keeping the Benghazi fiasco and the ensuing coverup in the news another few days isn't likely to be a favorable side effect for Obama either.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:17 am

I think the fact that the president had a pulse in this debate was enough for the pundits to dub him the winner.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:29 am

Candy Crowly's comment would have her a malpractice suit in most professions.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 am

donovan wrote:Candy Crowly's comment would have her a malpractice suit in most professions.

Spence wrote:I think the fact that the president had a pulse in this debate was enough for the pundits to dub him the winner.

Agreed with both of these. It's like in boxing when a guy is getting pounded every round. Then the winner takes a round off to catch his stuff. He still dominates, outlands his opponent 2 to 1, but since it wasn't 4 to 1 like previously, every judge everywhere always scores the round for the other guy.

As for Crowley, after her midnight admission she did wrong I would have expected an inquiry of some sort - by the debate commission, CNN, don't know. But true to form, this morning that little booger that thinks he's a journalist George Stephanopoulos is repeating the lie, making Paul Ryan look like he's talking to a fourth grader explaining it - two grades worth of an overestimation in my opinion.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 am

donovan wrote:Candy Crowly's comment would have her a malpractice suit in most professions.

I agree. But you have to know as the Republican candidate that the deck is stacked against you where the media is concerned. Romney knew who all these moderators were when he agreed to them. He should have called her out right then and there and let people know that the "terror" comment was generic and not specific to his description of what took place in Libya. That may not be fair, but with the media being a propaganda machine for one or the other party (depending on which outlet you use), that is what we have now. There is no such thing as a free press that reports the facts any more.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 am

Anyone think he threw the first debate on purpose???

I've heard that purported by various friends.

Makes the perfect "comeback" story when you know your "rep" is suffering.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 am

Derek wrote:Anyone think he threw the first debate on purpose???

Not I....I think arrogance....he believes he has done a great job and people love him. He thinks he is like.....hmmm...lets see...like...hmm...well, like an SEC football team.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 am

donovan wrote:
Derek wrote:Anyone think he threw the first debate on purpose???

Not I....I think arrogance....he believes he has done a great job and people love him. He thinks he is like.....hmmm...lets see...like...hmm...well, like an SEC football team.

That is dead on. Obama is every bit the elitist that he portrays Romney of being. It is a prevailing attitude among the "open minded" progressives.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 am

Agreed on above. The first debate wasn't a deliberate tactic, but a result from the facts that he has no defensible record to run on, and that he's never before been challenged by the media. To be face to face on an equal stage with a guy who could and was willing to shred those last four years was a huge difference to anything anybody, including Obama himself, has seen. He didn't know how to handle it, and got rightly clobbered.

Even in the second debate with all of the moderator bias, he only eked out a narrow media-blessed plurality who said he won the debate. Problem for him there, those same snap polls also gave Romney huge marks when it came to economic issues. Rasmussen is hinting that their rolling tracker will show if anything a bump for Romney after the 2nd Presidential debate - no help for Obama there. I pray Romney is able to keep up the trend through the final debate and whatever phony October surprise is coming. Rove says that the DWI stuff that the media pulled on George W. Bush a week before the 2000 election was worth 3-4 points...

Return to “Off-Topic”