Romney v. Obama - Ramblings

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Romney v. Obama - Ramblings

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:55 pm

I don't think this "October Surprise" is going to matter. I mean...it's not like he drove his sec-a-terry off a bridge or something.

I think the electorate is so much more angry than the media want's to believe, or portrays.

I'm not saying this is going to be a Ronaldus Magnus style beatdown, but it will not come down to one state at midnight IMO. I think Romney breaks 300 in the electoral college.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 pm

I wish I believed that. I don't. I believe they are going to elect Obama again and it will be the beginning of the end for this country.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I think for the current trajectory anything between 285 and 301 is reasonable for Romney. Of course, no guarantee the current trajectory will hold... If there's a big late break then Pennsylvania, Michigan, maybe Oregon, Minnesota and 1 electoral vote from Maine (absolute ceiling about 355, a reverse 2008) could all be in play for Romney. If things break back the other way, then it comes down to Obama's fraud machine in Ohio.

I'm not usually one to preach about the nastiness of politics, but it is sad that every time this late in an election, nobody is questioning if there will be a desperate attempt at an October surprise, but just when and how effective? The one big rumor that was floating on Twitter the other day literally turned out to be nothing but a giant Rick Roll. ( :P :roll: ) Now the rumor is that absolute troll Gloria Allred is trying to pull some nonsense - possibly trying to rile some feminist crap about Romney counseling against abortions as a leader in his church. If so, hopefully that backfires massively on the left.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Brian Roastbeef wrote:Now the rumor is that absolute troll Gloria Allred is trying to pull some nonsense - possibly trying to rile some feminist crap about Romney counseling against abortions as a leader in his church. If so, hopefully that backfires massively on the left.

This would be the worst thing they could do IMO. It would simply scream desperation, and the average voter would sense that.

It would be a death knell. Unless they have some video proof of Romney making a deal with the devil, they would be best to just keep the mouth shut and stay with their message.

Jumping in a tank and riding around (Dukakis), would only signal YOU KNOW you've lost.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I can assure you that as a Bishop of a congregation in the Latter-day Saint church, a woman coming to Romney inquiring about getting an abortion and the religious ramification would be told exactly what Romney has said all along. Abortion for any purpose other than the health of the mother, which is so rare, would be discouraged. Latter-day Saint doctors and medical personnel are not allowed to participate in abortions other than as indicated. There is not inquisition, but if a physician or medical individual promoted and encouraged such, they would face church discipline. That position has been consistent for as many years as I have been alive and remains the same today. There would not be public discussion, it is always between the individuals involved and the ecclesiastical authority.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Romney has always said he is against abortion. That wouldn't be a surprise. It would be consistent.

I believe Romney to be a stand up guy. Meaning I believe he is an honest man, at least as honest as any politician can be. I don't believe him to be the answer to our problems, but I do think he would be a step in the right direction.

The president has proven he isn't honest. He refuses to run on his record. He refuses to tell what his planned changes to coal mining are going to be. He is, IMO, an elitist of the highest degree. He never should have been president to begin with and it will like take twenty years to fix the hole he has dug. We must also remember the hole GWB dug for us as well and hold the next president to a higher standard.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:28 am

Obama showed his hand early on. A tragic economy and his big initiative is Obamacare, ridiculous!

Nobody can make me believe that these leftists are not dangerous. The separation of Church and State applied only to people of pedigreed religion. These people's government and religion are 1 and the same, they live for more and more progression of increasingly extreme policy.

I didn't think Romney could win this, I now do. But I have allowed myself to hope that the bearing of his soul in his sacrificing Americans in Benghazi will move middle of the road late determining voters to Romney. A major storm hitting the "left" of the right coast (God believes in early voting too) will offset the Democrat's early voting and fraud efforts in those highly populated areas. Then too I hope the awareness of a few economic points come to light, like the average worker's social security tab going up $1000 next year (an economic hit to many) and continually decelerating GDP (the number is now out) urges moderates and moderately liberal persons to realize they can't afford 4 more years of BO.

*But given the happenings in Benghazi, Trump's offer to donate $5M to charity if Obama releases his college transcripts, could back fire. I have full confidence that Obama has a more than questionable history, BUT also that Universities would readily fabricate BO's transcripts (with plenty of assistance) to support his political efforts. Which would draw much attention away from real issues at a time when he could certainly use it.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”