Happy Birthday WoVeU

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Happy Birthday WoVeU

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Hope you have a good day. Wish you a great year.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Happy Birthday WoVeU

Postby WoVeU » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks Spence! 39 yet again.

The older I get the more I realize the good of any day boils down to how much time you got to spend with those you love. Everything else is vanity. Something gleaned for something given, for a time, place, and purpose. But love and friendship are the only real dynamos, the only thing that can yield more then it requires...in the long haul. The other other things are born with a perishable date.

But a steak, a cold beverage, a sweet desert, or College Football....you share those things that have wonderful but short term gain with friends and loved ones...you got something there! :D
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 pm

My kids take me to the Columbus Zoo every year for my birthday. It great.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:52 am

Nice.

I want to go there some day, I hear it is nice. I have twice talked to a company in Columbus about a position with them. If I wouldn't have taken a good job with an engineering firm back in the spring, I'd have taken the Engineering Manager job. I already miss working for an OEM, the product ownership and continuing development. I have a feeling I will go there one day.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:15 am

Columbus is an OK city. Good place to live an work. It doesn't have the flavor of some other cities like Boston or Charleston SC.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 pm

I have been up that way once. I hear it is more kind of bigger town. The 2 flavors I have to have is T-bone and a hearty cold draft. (I am almost ashamed of how much I love a draft beer these days...I can hardly put it into words.)
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:06 pm

WoVeU wrote:I have been up that way once. I hear it is more kind of bigger town. The 2 flavors I have to have is T-bone and a hearty cold draft. (I am almost ashamed of how much I love a draft beer these days...I can hardly put it into words.)

Columbus has the big chains (Smith and Wollensky, Ruth's Chris) they have some local chains (Mitchell's, Hyde Park), and they have several pretty good local steakhouses. They have all the different beers, depending on your taste. Columbus is a large city. It is set up a lot like Dallas, Texas only smaller. It is very modern and spread out. It is a "planned" city. I tend to like to visit the older cities that have more flavor.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:38 am

Old "character" cities are nice to visit. But living in them is a pain if they have size. Dallas-Ft. Worth is really only problematic because of its size. Austin has a ton of character, not small, and is pure painful to navigate on a daily basis. No thank you on living like that! I dislike it that I work on the southern edge...I have a deep hate to drive through it.

I have, far too, many times driven 17 miles through Austin from the UT research campus after 2:40PM and it take 1:15 to 1:50. Ridiculous for a 22 min trip.

Others rather easy for me; San Antonio, Charlotte, and Atlanta. Lexington (rather odd), Nashville, St. Louis, Houston, Dover, Baltimore are tweeners. Philly, NY, (any city in North Jersey), Chicago all a pain.
Don't recall Ciny, Indy, Pittsburgh, Orlando, or Dover. San Franciso was just odd. I've driven through Little Rock many times, easy...but never went down town.

Makes sense...age and size makes it harder to get around, just like people!
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Cincinnati is an old city that grew and was not planned.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Happy Birthday man!!!

Spence, I was in Napoleon OH about 2-3 months ago for 2 days....I was at the Campbells Soup plant there. I was also not aware that Campbells makes V8 juice. I went through the factory floor where they make everything. Pretty neat cause I drink that stuff like mad, more of the "Fusion" stuff they have than the regular V8, and it was cool to see exactly where it came from.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Derek wrote:Happy Birthday man!!!

Spence, I was in Napoleon OH about 2-3 months ago for 2 days....I was at the Campbells Soup plant there. I was also not aware that Campbells makes V8 juice. I went through the factory floor where they make everything. Pretty neat cause I drink that stuff like mad, more of the "Fusion" stuff they have than the regular V8, and it was cool to see exactly where it came from.

I know the Campbells regional rep., but I have never been to the plant. They are only about an hour from where I went to school, in Ada, Ohio. I also work at Bowling Green for a time. To be honest, I didn't even know they had a plant here. I thought they were out of New Jersey.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Spence wrote:
Derek wrote:Happy Birthday man!!!

I know the Campbells regional rep., but I have never been to the plant. They are only about an hour from where I went to school, in Ada, Ohio. I also work at Bowling Green for a time. To be honest, I didn't even know they had a plant here. I thought they were out of New Jersey.

They are....but the plant is still there. I think the HQ move was a financial thing.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:02 pm

I love V8 too!

I don't do Gatorade (somewhat fortified sugar water.) 8oz of V8 and 8oz of OJ...amd have my 16oz of water all separate. Less money than Commercialade, I mean Gatorade...and a whole lot more nutritional content.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”