A Better Way of Life

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

A Better Way of Life

Postby donovan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Sun, slight breeze, coolness of the lawn, chatter from everywhere, pontificating on the most minute topics ad infinitum. I loved it. Six bucks gets you a place on the grass in left and right field....Lay back, close your eyes...wonderful. Next day...pay about 20 bucks and you are right on the baseline talking face to face with some great guys, some been there a long time, some just hope to be.

So Spring Training is a great adventure...must have seen 10 or 15 days of ball..sometimes....two games in a day.....met some wonderful people...all trying to escape the reality of fantasy.

Been back for a couple of weeks.....Been in Boise, watched some football...will report elsewhere. If you get a chance to spend a few days at Spring Training....well worth the vacation...you don't even have to like baseball to have a great time.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Better Way of Life

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Glad you had a good time. I was actually in your city until Wednesday last week. It was cold and rainy. I still enjoyed the city.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Nice!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:14 pm

baseball would be way better if the players were allowed to hit each other. as it is now, for me its just a good way to fall asleep on the couch n catch a good nap. which is useful in itself i reckon :)
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:19 am

pattygrisby wrote:Can I Enroll myself here?

I think you already have.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “Off-Topic”