A Football Players Story

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

A Football Players Story

Postby WoVeU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 am

*Probably more interesting to WVU, Marshall, and Miami Hurricane fans.

A story from the Charleston Gazette on Dennie Harrah, OL for the Rams. He played in the SB in 1980 against the Steelers. He graduated from my High School in 71, the year I was born. (Just realized I need to ask my mom about him, she would only be a year older I think. Recall her and dad talking about him but man...that was years ago.)

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201202020267
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: A Football Players Story

Postby WoVeU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am

Some might argue with me due to technology always advancing...but when I see Denny's photo in his Rams uniform it really stands out to me...that this is a real guy. (I may be more effected from personal links here, but I recall very similar feelings when I see "old" stories now.) But the picture doesn't have that old frosty look of pictures my mind is so used to seeing when I see "old" players. But that pic is from 32 years ago! And I wonder about the impact and effect when kids look back at old photos from here out. (New photos are better, but at the same time, I look at photos everyday that really are no better than this one...with people passing phone pics, scanning and posting pics, and newspapers being limited on the quality they can reproduce.) Just a different feeling.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”