Is anything right with America anymore...?

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Is anything right with America anymore...?

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:26 pm

We have all gone nuts. I nothing sacred? Is there none sane among us?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/08/remains-274-troops-reportedly-dumped-in-virginia-landfill/
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is anything right with America anymore...?

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:24 pm

No, it is about respect. Everyone wants it no one wants to give it.

This is a level of wrong that I can't even comprehend. They need to run this all the way back to the source and then send him down the road with nothing. I can't even imagine carrying out the order to do it. These people lost their lives protecting our freedom. They deserve to be treated with the dignity in which we would give a president. It is that important.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 pm

No, because nothing is sacred! Yet, so many want to act like nearly everything is of rather high value.

I know I am different than most people, including ways and manners sometimes detrimental. But I wouldn't have followed that order if it was given to me even if I was informed that the family had authorized such a disposable. There would be a couple of hundred vases, or perhaps jars, at my house. If I could find a contact for a family member they would eventually get a call. If no one wanted them then I would keep them. (And I really believe the part that leaves this world is the part that matters.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:23 pm

WoVeU wrote:(And I really believe the part that leaves this world is the part that matters.)

BING!!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”