San Antonio area guys????

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

San Antonio area guys????

Postby WoVeU » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:47 pm

What about this weather? Have you ever seen it so dry? The 110 degree day was crazy with like 12% RH. And we have some other 20% RH type days in there.
Then today (Labor Day) really dry again, like 12%. It felt really good...but I have been trying to catch my dead yard back up since being on vacation a month. Like impossible! And my foundation is jacked up. I can't believe I live somewhere you have to water the house! Unbelievable!
I can't take this much longer.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: San Antonio area guys????

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:40 am

It has been a tough year so far for the southwest. We are all going to pay for that in beef prices at some point.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 am

Spence wrote:It has been a tough year so far for the southwest. We are all going to pay for that in beef prices at some point.

Not if we invoke the beef price stabilization act. I think we can do that for $434,332,4242,233.98.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 am

donovan wrote:
Spence wrote:It has been a tough year so far for the southwest. We are all going to pay for that in beef prices at some point.

Not if we invoke the beef price stabilization act. I think we can do that for $434,332,4242,233.98.

:lol: :lol: That is a fact.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 pm

I spent eight days in San Antonio recently...five at the Hyatt on Riverwalk...three in Seguin at the Molsheim Mansion B&B....

While in San Antone, we rode Hill Country during the day and partied on the river at night...the Guadalupe was very low, the Sabinal seemed to be not so low above Medina. But the landscape from Vanderpool to Hondo was desert like.

My brother in law's place out in the mesquite a little south of Seguin was really dry....I thought then that he was living in a tinder box with all of that bone dry mesquite that Texans call laughingly call trees instead of dead bushes...

The fires up the road in Bastrop have them worried.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 am

4.06 inches of rain in 7 months. Where I from, we call that a good day's rain! And the average temperature for August was 90 degrees. Not the high, not the daylight hours average, but average-24hrs! Midnight is generally mid 80's. 5:30AM...you know the cool of the morning...77-80. And dew...hah...not even that, I think I've seen that event 3 or 4 times the last few months and it is very light and very short lived. Then, it has rained a few times in New Braunfels (Go Boilers Land) and not here, not that they get much when that happens. Then they won't get any there but get a bit just up the road in San Marcos. And you can watch 80% cloud coverage roll by w/ gray bottomed (blue hues) clouds just roll by and not drop anything. This is the worse place I have seen for needing 100% thick overcast to even get a 1/4"...beats all I've ever seen.

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death! That is all I can think of when I am out between 10AM and 7PM.

BB..you might have waited a few more weeks and drug a water trailer behind that hog and you could have paid for the whole trip. (Hmmm, I should do that...by the time I got between Texarkana and Waco this place would get 9 inches!) *I am leaning towards the car washing bands...most places, 2 guys on the block washing their car will get you an inch, here it takes about 10. We can't get that many motivated law breakers at one time.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 pm

I really like the Wimberley, Gruene, New Braunfels area. When you head just a little south towards Seguin, I don't much care for the landscape.

By the way..we set an August temperature average record at 85.1 degrees...about five degrees lower than San Antonio.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Gruene is awesome! Country-esque, having some more up scale eateries and beverage shops, scenic, yet easy to get to. Some one has been guiding that development with a vision. Used to live in New B...I've not been to Wimberly. (And many bike travelers really like that area.)

I just interviewed in San Marcos, and Gruene would be an attractive area to set up house. But if I have to water my house I'd just as soon set up house in All Carolina Conference country...between Greenville, SC and Boone, NC.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”