And yet another Dem bites the dust!

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

And yet another Dem bites the dust!

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Re: And yet another Dem bites the dust!

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:14 pm

I saw that earlier. Made me smile a little.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 pm

I hope he's gone for good. What an arrogant S.O.B.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 pm

It made my day. From what I understand it was due to technicalities in the contract regarding procedure before donating to candidates. He didn't clear it with the higher ups at NBC or something... I'm thinking it was an excuse for his piss poor ratings capped with the embarrassment that was MSNBC's coverage on Tuesday. If so, I'm wondering (hoping) how long before they find a similar reason to can that clod Chris Matthews.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Eric wrote:I hope he's gone for good. What an arrogant S.O.B.

I hear you. I just can't stand him! That is one guy I'd just back hand if I saw him. (I don't even like how I allow this guy to bother me so.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Brian Roastbeef wrote:It made my day. From what I understand it was due to technicalities in the contract regarding procedure before donating to candidates. He didn't clear it with the higher ups at NBC or something... I'm thinking it was an excuse for his piss poor ratings capped with the embarrassment that was MSNBC's coverage on Tuesday. If so, I'm wondering (hoping) how long before they find a similar reason to can that clod Chris Matthews.

I was just thinking similarly. I think they are growing tired of seeing Fox News getting higher ratings than major networks and dwarfing theirs. So, with the "seeming swing" in public opinion...they could just be trying to play the centered and journalistic role!

One of these days maybe, just maybe, all of these networks can speak more on governance and less on politics. We might then actually leverage the commonality rather than the differences. Hell, we might even get something did besides burning money!
R. Reagan

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:28 pm

"Centered and journalistic..." you're funny, you are... :wink:

As if there is any chance of ever finding anything centered or objective these days. I'll even admit it from my own side, I get most of my political news from conservative sources. HotAir, National Review... The most centered sources that I've come across would be the BBC, which slants slightly left, and Pravda which gives an... interesting... Russo-centric view of things. TV news meanwhile, has ventured into political opinion and little more. The conservative sources (Fox News) tread water, while the leftist sources seem to be dying - so I suppose that's a good part of it.

It would be interesting to see if anybody ever does such a thing. I suppose the closest journalist from that perspective would be John Stossel, who generally highlights problems from all angles and doesn't give partisan solutions, rather letting the viewer make their own decisions.

Still being rid of Olbermann did instantly improve their lineup. And it was a nice capper to a good week. (Well, a good political week, a good week overall depends on a few games tomorrow... and Lee Westwood outplaying Tiger this weekend.)

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Well, I'm glad everybody in the midwest and east is happy with the elections.

Out here in California, we got stuck with a retread, or is that retard, Govenor Moonbeam. I cannot believe how pathetically stupid Californians are.

I guess nobody remembers what a mess he made the first time. Christ, we just should have brought back Gray Davis.

Sometimes I hate my state. sigh. :x
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Grayghost wrote:Well, I'm glad everybody in the midwest and east is happy with the elections.

Out here in California, we got stuck with a retread, or is that retard, Govenor Moonbeam. I cannot believe how pathetically stupid Californians are.

I guess nobody remembers what a mess he made the first time. Christ, we just should have brought back Gray Davis.

Yeah, I can't believe that California reincarnated Jerry Brown. I actually thought he must be dead. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Spence wrote:
Grayghost wrote:Well, I'm glad everybody in the midwest and east is happy with the elections.

Yeah, I can't believe that California reincarnated Jerry Brown. I actually thought he must be dead. :lol:

I did not vote for him....I was shocked when he won. I could not find anyone that liked Brown....most talk about how bad of a job he did in the 70's as governor. He was backed by the unions though...and they spent a ton of money for his election.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Well, we got the son of a retread. And we reelected Schmuck Schumer, and his little lackey Gillibrand. Meanwhile, the candidates that could have given the Dems a run for their money in statewide races - Pataki, Giuliani - decided to sit at home doing nothing thanks to crappy recruiting by the NY GOP.

The one bit of good news locally is that we may have elected a solid conservative in my district. Ann Marie Buerkle now leads by 659 votes. Just gotta hope that she doesn't get Franken'd.

Still, looking at the big picture nationwide. I'm okay with it. Lot more power to stop the Obama agenda and promote decent policies than we've had the past two years.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am

Well, his indefinite suspension lasted 2 whole days. He is back on the air come Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... on-tuesday

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 am

Brian Roastbeef wrote:

Well, we got the son of a retread. And we reelected Schmuck Schumer, and his little lackey Gillibrand. Meanwhile, the candidates that could have given the Dems a run for their money in statewide races - Pataki, Giuliani - decided to sit at home doing nothing thanks to crappy recruiting by the NY GOP.

The one bit of good news locally is that we may have elected a solid conservative in my district. Ann Marie Buerkle now leads by 659 votes. Just gotta hope that she doesn't get Franken'd.

Still, looking at the big picture nationwide. I'm okay with it. Lot more power to stop the Obama agenda and promote decent policies than we've had the past two years.

The two most dangerous places in America are standing in front of Barney Frank while looking away......and getting between Chuck Schumer and a camera. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Dossenator wrote:Well, his indefinite suspension lasted 2 whole days. He is back on the air come Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... on-tuesday

All good things must come to an end. It isn't like the suspension meant anything. Just a front with an additional hope of free pub and life support for his ratings!
R. Reagan

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:40 am

From what I gather, it was because he was acting like a jerk around the office/studio and so this was a brief slapdown. Too bad. To an idiot like him it will only prove how invincible he thinks he is.

Anyway, as for my Dem biting the dust in NY-25 here is the latest:

Buerkle is now up 684 votes after an error was corrected in Cayuga county. So far there are 8,154 ballots to be counted. About 5600 are from Onondaga County (my county, contains Syracuse and suburbs) which went for Maffei 54-46. The other three counties Buerkle took by wide margins.

If the percentages from Tuesday's vote hold for the absentees, then we will still be rid of Maffei. Buerkle would even slightly expand her lead.

On top of that, absentee voters often trend more conservative (God Bless Our Troops) and I read one report that said 3800 Republicans sent in absentee, compared to 2800 Democrats.

So overall, looking good. Here is a link with more detail. http://auburnpub.com/news/opinion/blogs ... 03286.html

Return to “Off-Topic”