Don't forget to vote Tuesday

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget to vote Tuesday

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Vote for who you support. It is the freedom that makes all other freedoms possible. 8)
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Don't forget to vote Tuesday

Postby WoVeU » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Spence wrote:Vote for who you support. It is the freedom that makes all other freedoms possible. 8)

I vote for getting all of my rights back.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Keep voting for people who support your positions and you will get all of your rights back. :wink:

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 pm

I live in New York. I expect "getting your rights back" will lose 60% to 35... :(

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:16 pm

Brian Roastbeef wrote:I live in New York. I expect "getting your rights back" will lose 60% to 35... :(

:lol: :lol: sad but true.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:13 pm

WoVeU wrote:
Spence wrote:Vote for who you support. It is the freedom that makes all other freedoms possible. 8)

I vote for getting all of my rights back.

How come it is always the "left hook" that is the knock out punch?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:17 pm

No one ever sees it coming. :wink:

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

I always think that the straight right is far more useful. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Brian Roastbeef wrote:I always think that the straight right is far more useful. :wink:

Only when you are the strongest opponent. :wink:

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I will be voting tomorrow...along with many illegal aliens in CA. So my vote will carry little weight....they will vote for whomever will give them the most handouts. My brother-in-law, a few elections ago, stood in line and the polling site he was at was asking for no picture identification. He was openly upset about it and made them look at his id (they scoffed at him). He reported the incident and at the next election nothing had been changed. He said two guys in front of him could not speak English and they still managed to vote (maybe they were legal...who knows...but likely not). That's CA for you. My wife and I are hoping to be back in Arkansas by this next summer....ready to be out of CA. Nice place to visit but not the best to live (well the weather is nice....that's about it).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Don't they have to be registered to vote? And don't they have to be citizens to be registered? Where I vote, they do ask for ID. You have to state your name, they look it up in the book of registered voters. You sign the book next to your name and they check it against your license. Then you get your ballot card and go to the booth and vote.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Spence wrote:Don't they have to be registered to vote? And don't they have to be citizens to be registered? Where I vote, they do ask for ID. You have to state your name, they look it up in the book of registered voters. You sign the book next to your name and they check it against your license. Then you get your ballot card and go to the booth and vote.

Let me just say that I "heard" from a person (with many others) who used to be a Democrat. That they would go down through the hood and "see" if people "might" happen to back the Democratic "agenda", and "might" happen to "be in need of" $10, a ride down to get registered (for those who were weren't) and they would take "these democrats" to go vote and by the liquor store, and back home again! Ah, public service!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm not big on that either, but those kinds of tactics. To be fair, though, they are old as the hills and practiced by both parties. I do wish that voter fraud carried a much tougher penalty and was strickly inforced. It won't happen because the people who make the laws are the ones breaking this one. :roll:

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Dossenator wrote:I will be voting tomorrow...along with many illegal aliens in CA. So my vote will carry little weight....they will vote for whomever will give them the most handouts. My brother-in-law, a few elections ago, stood in line and the polling site he was at was asking for no picture identification. He was openly upset about it and made them look at his id (they scoffed at him). He reported the incident and at the next election nothing had been changed. He said two guys in front of him could not speak English and they still managed to vote (maybe they were legal...who knows...but likely not). That's CA for you. My wife and I are hoping to be back in Arkansas by this next summer....ready to be out of CA. Nice place to visit but not the best to live (well the weather is nice....that's about it).

Yep, the pitfalls of democratic elections. Everybody wants to use your money to pay for what they want :lol:

The rich/businesses pay off politicians to enact barriers to entry and the poor want welfare handouts. And people wonder why the middle class can't expand or even maintain itself.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 pm

The middle class spends too much time worrying about the very rich and the very poor to realize the power they hold. They just need to start really caring and the extremists on both sides would be thrown to the sidelines.

Return to “Off-Topic”