Something that bugs me.....

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Something that bugs me.....

Postby WoVeU » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:51 am

Derek wrote:
WoVeU wrote:Man, I feel bad if Derek apologized ahead of time.

I was not apologizing, I was "clarifying".

Excuse me brother I have been around too many liberal folk lately...everything is apologetic!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Something that bugs me.....

Postby WoVeU » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:02 am

Dossenator wrote:
Spence wrote:My favorite server is one that, after I order, I don't notice them and I also have everything without asking. If that happens, I tip well.

Exactly...the Mexican place my wife and I frequent is always like that. I often ask my wife when did they fill my drink? They always seem to be one step ahead of me....and this place is always packed...very busy. They work hard and we tip them well.

I really like the not noticing them part!

They opened a new Burger and BBQ place a while back and we went for lunch. Now this is one of those upscale burger havens that keep cropping up, really good...but $11 -$12 meal. And I didn't do without, but they never shut up...I never said "I am fine" more! Like 3 different people asking...don't think that is necessary. And to top it off, the "chef" came out, and I almost hit the floor! I held it in but the guys kept peering at me and it was difficult, they know me! Anyway I hate when people ask a whole lot, especially when my mouth is full (and their burger is like 7" thick). And this is worse when you are with co-workers and there is plenty of talk to slow you down. (I don't like long lunches, and generally prefer not to eat lunch.) It was weird, it is not an easy thing to make a burger joint come off pretentious, but that was my take.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”