Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm

I see it as no more an embarrassment as a state electing Al Franken to the Senate. :P
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

User avatar
Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Spence wrote:I see it as no more an embarrassment as a state electing Al Franken to the Senate. :P


Oh snap! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:40 pm

At least most people know Colbert being there was a joke. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

User avatar
Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Well with Franken, the joke is on us. And it is turning out to be just as funny as the rest of his career...

User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Brian Roastbeef wrote:Well with Franken, the joke is on us. And it is turning out to be just as funny as the rest of his career...



I agree. Except the people of Minnesota are the ones that did it to us. That is what happens in Minnesota when the weather gets so cold, it constricts blood flow to their brain and they vote Franken and Ventura in office. :roll:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10262
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 am

I'm glad Colbert showed up there. Not only do I enjoy his show from time to time, but Congress is an institution that needs to be made a mockery of.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 8322
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:41 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby donovan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 am

Eric wrote:I'm glad Colbert showed up there. Not only do I enjoy his show from time to time, but Congress is an institution that needs to be made a mockery of.


You think they need outside help?
As I age it is hard to tell if I am inspired by reasoned passion or arthritic knees; most likely it is arthritic reasoning.

User avatar
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 6074
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Contact:

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby WoVeU » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 am

donovan wrote:
Eric wrote:I'm glad Colbert showed up there. Not only do I enjoy his show from time to time, but Congress is an institution that needs to be made a mockery of.


You think they need outside help?


:lol: :lol: :lol:

My kid watches all the clowns on comedy central, I can't stand any of the "political humorists."
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

User avatar
Derek
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5529
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:04 am
Location: Brooks, GA
Contact:

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Spence wrote:
Brian Roastbeef wrote:Well with Franken, the joke is on us. And it is turning out to be just as funny as the rest of his career...



I agree. Except the people of Minnesota are the ones that did it to us. That is what happens in Minnesota when the weather gets so cold, it constricts blood flow to their brain and they vote Franken and Ventura in office. :roll:


I disagree...they did not elect Franken...the votes that were found in the trunk of the car did. 8)

I was there 2 weeks ago working with 3M, and most of the guys I talked too can't stand that fool, and are greatly embarrassed by him. All even agreeing that the election was stolen.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

- John Madden

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10262
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Stephen Colbert testimony an embarrassment..

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:52 pm

donovan wrote:
Eric wrote:I'm glad Colbert showed up there. Not only do I enjoy his show from time to time, but Congress is an institution that needs to be made a mockery of.


You think they need outside help?


If Congress' disapproval rating is only 80%, then yes 8)
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest