New Dreams

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

New Dreams

Postby WoVeU » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:16 am

The wife and I are going to file for "legal" separation. And because I feel real bad for the children, I am going to sign off on a $2200 child support payment. It looks like I might take a hit pretty soon and start working from home 30 hours per week for 85% of my old salary, I can flex my hours here and there though. I have some "projects" I can work on to fill up the rest of my time. But I will not be working 6 to 8 weeks per year. What is bad is much of what I do is on the internet, and my testing, and development uses a lot of power, and a notable amount of water. But with the pool and my hot tub I can really look for big energy gains in fluid cooling concepts, I can also use the 2 AC units for power factor correction, fan efficiency, and smart coil R&D. I'll be working with Solar and Thermal energy with these (new greener stuff.) But this will let me employ somethings I have personally been developing. Already had some interest and people offering me some "cash" to pull down their footprint 10-20%. I also feel better knowing that I am chartering a new church, "Amen Brother" and a non-profit company, "Let I Get Dis Skrait!" We'll go around (the boys and I with some friends) and help people who don't know how and can't afford to keep up with electrical and plumbing issues in their home (I'll help them shrink their bills as well.) We'll work on cars too, just about anything. The wonderful members of the expanded community promise to contribute to this wonderful social project! One guy said he'd give me a $1000 donation if I came around and performed the work his loving domicile needed. This warms my heart!

It is going to be rough. I have to have my sister and her 3 kids move out, I need the two bed rooms, the garage and the shed to work in. Not to mention the kitchen and both bathrooms. But my wife said she can get a good deal on a house 3 miles form here for my sister, my wife of "separation" will rent it under HUD to her. The "ex" will live a few miles away as well. They are both going to let me put the houses under study and experiment for my R&D projects.

In unrelated matters I am now not as worried about paying for the kids to go to school. My "ex" is going to pay me a small fee to teach and tutor my kids and a few others. I'm going to teach them from some Fresh and Soph curriculum and texts. I have materials for SAT, ACT, CLEP, and DANTES preparation. My task is to help the kids get good SAT and ACT scores and to earn at least 15 credits by CLEP and DANTES examination. I'll be using the living room and the family room for class rooms. I can qualify for federal assistance to provide food for the children. Also, the kids will qualify for more college assistance than I had ever thought!

In other unrelated news, I was setting around worrying about my impoverished life and decided to see how bad bills and taxes are going to be in the next few years. Man, I finally got lucky somehow. As it turns out, I won't have to claim child support as income. And a real wow I found, my house will qualify as a office, and both of my vehicles will be work vehicles. I'll get some nice relief on my utilities and the cable bill (internet phone) as well. I can even depreciate every asset I use for work, teaching/tutoring. The federal assistance for the Food program isn't taxable, shoooo...I was worried about that. With this and other property and cash donations to Churches and Charities...my taxes are just going to be a good deal different. I'll have to work on the books and receipts every week, but that is just another unfortunate blow. Oh, money spent on Green projects have some opportunity as well. Anyway, the tax picture looks pretty good!

Everything is changing. I'll adapt...I'm a survivor.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: New Dreams

Postby donovan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:33 am

I wish you well...as well as your family. You seem to be a survivor. Donovan
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:51 am

I wish you the best!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Good luck, hate to hear of any family break up.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”