More On The Big Scrape!

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: More On The Big Scrape!

Postby billybud » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Spence...yeah, I had a penalty. But it wasn't bad.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Spence wrote:
What that does is hide the total amount of taxes we pay. Nobody has a clue of how many taxes they pay.

That is so true. If people knew how much tax is built in to what they pay for goods and services, over and above the stuff they no about, they would really understand how this government works. The hidden taxes, billed as getting back at the corporations, are completely paid by every single person that buys their product or uses their services. When ATT takes a billion dollar charge for retiree health insurance - we all will pay that. Every company that is large enough will be passing that cost on to us.

Donovan, Spence.....I worked this way back in the Ice Age. Working from money velocity and a dollars rotation through the system. The amount is HUGE! One good way to get a look is track material from the ground to the consumers hand. The oil, coal, and natural gas that comes out fo the ground. The iron , zinc, copper ore,etc. The lumber from the forest, copper from the fields...yaddad, yadda. Take those and follow them up through the pipe line. Most models are lacking, saying that the consumer pays all the taxes is not exactly correct, but saying it is not correct and claiming a VAT tax is much better is not right either. In the end of all ends, it is always the consumer...a business must exist on profits, simple as that, to consider them paying a tax is ridiculous...if they can't pass it on, they are out of business. The fair thing is that ever y person must be consumer! (For a business to say, we'd have made another 10 cents if we didn't price in the tax, so we pay tax as well...that is ridiculous. He pays his when he stops at the store on the way home.

Take my current business...we buy sheet-metal preformed and cut. Our simplest input. The supplier of the sheet-metal part. Bought plain sheet-metal. It came from someone who formed it and coated it in one of many means. It came from a foundry where the ore was processed into metals. So..it is us, the supplier (part maker...cutting and dying), the former, and the founder. 4 steps, 4 processes...then we vend to a customer...with other parts that have more steps. And not to mention we generally sale to a contractor of some sort. Then they sale it to a business, That business sales things from groceries to who knows. But even at our level, you are talking about 10% region tax per step. And that is just sales...how many incomes are tied in to that process?

No debate is needed. Take the sumn of all personal incomes in the US and then compare this to all cities, townships, counties, states, and federal budget 'incomes". I think you will never see this!

I like a flat tax in combination with an Inheritance tax. These 2 alone guarantee a tax is paid some where, a flat sales tax will eventually. If it is spread through out to all purchases the tax can be set dead pan and at a lower yet very known rate. If a guy then gets "out of taxes" I don't care, if he buys nothing he really doesn't have anything...and I guess somebody is feeding and housing him!!!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:23 pm

I just had to file an extension...but I believe that I will owe 5-6K just for last year. :evil:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Derek wrote:I just had to file an extension...but I believe that I will owe 5-6K just for last year. :evil:

Good, maybe the people of Seattle can get their two miles of light rail...or at least study it for another 5 years at the tune of over 100 million for studies.......
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:00 pm

donovan wrote:
Derek wrote:I just had to file an extension...but I believe that I will owe 5-6K just for last year. :evil:

Good, maybe the people of Seattle can get their two miles of light rail...or at least study it for another 5 years at the tune of over 100 million for studies.......

Crazy ain't it! They just went nuts in Charlotte over them putting such a system on the tax payers! Under a bad economy infrastructure spending is just smart. Can't say the same for what I would deem extra-structure...especially with the shape of most bridges, highways, and the related now-a-days.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 pm

donovan wrote:

Don't tread on me Donovan. :wink:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Derek wrote:
donovan wrote:

Don't tread on me Donovan. :wink:

Send it to me, I will make sure they get it... :twisted:
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “Off-Topic”