US Military Base Shooting...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

US Military Base Shooting...

Postby Dossenator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Anyone else see this...12 dead and 33 others wounded at Fort Hood in Texas.

The shooter was: Army Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan (not sure if this is his birth name or if he changed it late)...from what I have heard they believe him to be a Muslim. They shot and killed him.

Crazy world we live in.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Re: US Military Base Shooting...

Postby Dossenator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Was just watching the news and they said he was a major, was a mental health professional, a Muslim, and that he was upset that he was having to deploy. What is wrong with people? If he was so upset then why kill so many innocent people. Kill yourself and be done with it. This stuff really upsets me. Just like the mall and school shootings....often times these individuals kill themselves after they take so many lives. Just does not make any sense to me.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Dossenator wrote:Was just watching the news and they said he was a major, was a mental health professional, a Muslim, and that he was upset that he was having to deploy. What is wrong with people? If he was so upset then why kill so many innocent people. Kill yourself and be done with it. This stuff really upsets me. Just like the mall and school shootings....often times these individuals kill themselves after they take so many lives. Just does not make any sense to me.

I'm not sure being Muslim had any thing to do with him being a nut job. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Spence wrote:
Dossenator wrote:Was just watching the news and they said he was a major, was a mental health professional, a Muslim, and that he was upset that he was having to deploy. What is wrong with people? If he was so upset then why kill so many innocent people. Kill yourself and be done with it. This stuff really upsets me. Just like the mall and school shootings....often times these individuals kill themselves after they take so many lives. Just does not make any sense to me.

I'm not sure being Muslim had any thing to do with him being a nut job. :wink:

I'm not saying that it does either...many nutt jobs not Muslim. However, this situations sounds a lot like a Islamic terrorists attack. He was disgruntled with the US Miliatary and wanted to show his Muslim brothers that he is fighting the fight here on US soil. Of course...that is all speculation.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:41 pm

He was in the US army. I say that gives him the benefit of being our nut job.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Spence wrote:He was in the US army. I say that gives him the benefit of being our nut job.

Just because he is ours does not mean he was not taking part in jihad....down with the US mentality of the Middle East.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Dossenator wrote:
Spence wrote:He was in the US army. I say that gives him the benefit of being our nut job.

Just because he is ours does not mean he was not taking part in jihad....down with the US mentality of the Middle East.

I agree. Wrong or right, first thing I told the wife was Radical Islaamic infiltrating the Army! She told me a 1/2 hour later he was at least Muslim.

Hard to say, but I really wonder.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 pm

WoVeU...I too thought the same thing. Maybe that is wrong of us...I don't know. We have seen this all ready in Iraq. US soldiers...of Middle Eastern decent...turning on their fellow soldiers. Not sure what you do about it.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:39 am

They are now reporting the coward is still alive.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:16 am

This is what I wonder.....where is the American Muslin community in all of this. Why is there not a public outcry from them. I would think they would be on every news program and every paper denouncing this.

We all are going to be careful in painting with a broad brush. It would just help if there was some vocality from Muslims.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 pm

donovan wrote:This is what I wonder.....where is the American Muslin community in all of this. Why is there not a public outcry from them. I would think they would be on every news program and every paper denouncing this.

We all are going to be careful in painting with a broad brush. It would just help if there was some vocality from Muslims.

I think most of them do denounce it, but they have been lying low - so to speak - because they are not the most popular of our citizens right now.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Some Muslim Organizations were among the first to express regret yesterday...their emails went out to news organizations.

I do believe that what this action has done is to further accentuate that what we have is actually a world wide religious war. A continuation of a war that has been waged for over a thousand years.

When, in the past, the US has had military actions against countries, our soldiers were rarely conflicted about having to fight "religious brethren" or even soldiers from countries of their ancestors origin. German Americans and Italian Americans fought the Germans and Italians. But, a muslim US soldier may have difficulty in a war that is essentially a religious war with muslims on the other side. There is so little separation between church and country in the muslim world that by fighting one, you fight the other.

I can see the same conflict if Jewish American soldiers are asked to take part in a conflict with Isreal.
Last edited by billybud on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Whether we want to believe it or not the Islamic terrorists kill because they believe they are doing what their god wants them too...to have a better spot in Heaven and to have lots of virgins at their dispossal. The koran tells them to convert by the sword and too convert everyone...if they refuse you are to kill them...their book does not teach to spread their faith by the word. So, whether radical or not this is what their book teaches them.

I completely understand the history of Christians killing in the name of God as well. But in today's world, I don't believe that happens. The Bible teaches to spread the faith by the word. I have spoken to a number of Muslims here in Southern Cal...I have a Muslim neighbor (they moved to California from Iran)...and they all have scared me by their words. They all said they see the wars in Iraq and Afghanastan as wars between Christians (US) and Muslims (them). Whether we want to believe it or not, that is how they see it.

My brother-in-law was a Marine for years and said that several Muslims served with him. He was stationed in Somalia in the 1990's and said that a few of them applauded those that took down the Blackhawk helicopters. He said they disliked America and what America stood for. And he could not believe how they talked about the women in their lives: wives, mothers, sisters, etc. He never could understand why they were in the US military (maybe to infilatrate...I don't know). He said he tried to stay as far away from them as he could.

It is hard not to be a little leary when you see a Mulsim shooting up a US army base when so many terrorists acts by Muslims take place every single day.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:29 pm

There are pawns in war that fight for religious purposes. That is true of almost any war. Fighting for god, your country, your family.....all of that. At the higher level war is always about land, money, and power. Even holy wars aren't really about religion at the top. Religion is just the tool the leaders use to give the people a reason to die. A good rule of thumb says do not fight a war for god that god hasn't asked you to fight. :wink:

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:58 pm

billybud wrote:I can see the same conflict if Jewish American soldiers are asked to take part in a conflict with Isreal.

No conflict with true Jews...they simply wouldn't. And I for one am the kind of Christian that would never be party to attack on Israel.

A Muslim of honor would simply refuse to go to the fight and be discharged!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”