US Military Base Shooting...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: US Military Base Shooting...

Postby WoVeU » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 pm

The wicked will surely be cast into eternal darn. It says nothing about the lost, the confused, and the sort. And the story (IMO) and translation has been retold a bit wrong. (IMO) No one burns for ever. Hell (the place where souls that are separated from God currently reside) and those condemned after the White Throne go into the Lake of Fire. These have no eternity. And recall, Jesus descended into Hell...er umm...what do you think he was doing there. It wasn't a na-na, na-na, na-na I told you so thing. He walked leading who-so-ever will. Similarly the Millenial Reign comes before the White Throne.

And on these similar thoughts. Recall the eye of the needle and the rich man verse. Again, no absolute there...but difficulty and MOSTLY hard work.

When Christ says he is the way, the truth, and the light. That applies to this world and the next. He didn't say I am the only way there is period as in this world, this lifetime, this current dispensation. (But he is the final judge anyway...so if you get a pass into Heaven...no matter what it was by him.) He is saying the good ride through this world and into the next is in his footsteps. All the other ways are full of pits and snares.

I will tell you this much...I don't see those Buddhist Monks of concrete faith and morality going into Hell. It is not going to happen. God will not stand for the Gates of Hell to be filled and Heaven sparsely populated.

Be careful on how you take what people have "translated for you." Remember, most people are stupid. And recall Christ likes to select from the lesser. So you do the Math. And recall Christ's findings on the Priests during his last visits. They didn't get A's...it was sad really. And the same things they were guilty of most in "leadership" roles of churches and other organizations speak what they do not know. And when you listen from man only (many being these Pharisee types) AND you add in the he told him, who told him...circle of communication. What in the world do you expect you are working with?

ANNnnnnnyway. My original point was believer or no...they all seem to sound a lot alike, I know-you don't. Both screaming loudly and irate, only the thing they are defending changes. God doesn't need my defense. I do good to put my shoes on sometimes.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:04 pm

You know that "wicked" in this sense means anybody who denies God for whatever reason. Jesus explicitly says that if you deny him in this life that he will deny you before God (a.k.a., a nice way of saying you go to hell). A Buddhist has failed to accept Jesus (the "only" way) so they can't go to Heaven. You're putting your own spin on it and furthermore, you're still coming from the approach that the Bible is true. You use terms such as "Lake of Fire" and "White Throne" like it's written in stone. Why? Where is the evidence? God made the Bible and the Bible says God is true, so that means God is true. You can't beat that circular logic :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Whatever. I went to the source for what you referenced. And you continue to reference incorrectly.

I always forget that those who bring up this topic really aren't interested in answers or looking for them. Hence, they'd have several Doctorate degrees in science. They just want to argue. And set back and say somebody else has faith in what science can't prove. (Well no duh.) And they get to find themselves quite superior for saying science and related words like proof and theory.

But as I tell all "who love science." We will go enroll in a difficult college...all science classes, equally enrolled taking the classes at the max level of the one lesser qualified. We will wager any amount between $15,000 and 50K a semester. Highest GPA wins. I should be severely handicapped being a Hillbilly and a stupid Christian. The opponent being a man of science should have a great advantage! Strangely I have never had any takers...I guess they lack real love or faith in their god!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”