Tell me something...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Tell me something...

Postby openSkies » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:20 pm

Tell me something...

About yourself. I'm new to this message board family you all have going, so bring me up to speed.

I know enough about the ..fanatic family. And I know a little bit about all of you through CFP Admin. Not enough, though :)

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:12 pm

Let me think about that for a bit ......

In the mean time, what are your impressions about us?

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:07 pm

So far you guys all seem really great. I mean, I am still around, aren't I? Haha.

The original plan was for me to get this up (on my days off), help everyone out with any problems during those days, and be gone.

Every is really nice, intelligent (for the most part haha), and it's like a big group of friends in here. Definitely a welcoming place.

Hope that answers your question =]

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Yep, good group for the most part. Seems like we have a variety of personalties and perspectives.

That's what makes it interesting. It would be just a bunch of head-nodders that looked like a bunch of chickens pecking corn if everybody was in agreement all the time.

Not too much RAH, RAH stuff. Don't get me wrong, these guys are loyal fans, but most know the game. Game time is fun, but a big portion of our discussions and arguments are about issues that surround the game. That gives our forum some depth and, for me at least, makes it more appealing.

One of the great things about college football is that it brings people together. Another is that it's kind of like what Forrest Gump's mother told him about life ..... 'it's like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you're going to get'. Forums like this help facilitate that, and that's a good thing.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:45 pm

I'm the old man on this site.
Turned 77 last oct.
Been retired for 15 years after 45 years for the
BNSF RR
Have 3 daughters 6 grand kids and 5 great grand kids
Sure do like viewing the remarks by the gang and the picks we do.
Served in the Army over in Korea from may 1951 to nov 1952
I am a big Nebr. football and Volleyball+baseball fan.
I do volunteer work with American Legion Baseball for the last 15 years
Doing odd jobs around the ball park Mostly running the score board.

Hope this give you some idea of me
Like to see some of the others doing this too.

Grandpa Howdy

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:39 pm

BNSF RR... BN Sante Fe RR I assume?

It's nice to see that all of the age groups can be represented here, and still have everyone get along and have a good time.

I'm glad you posted about your military service. There is no group in the world, in my opinion, who deserve more respect than our troops. Especially the ones who faught in the wars of the past, where there was no technology that kept them out of striking distance. No computer drones flown from an office complex in suburban Washington back then =]

Glad to have you here, Howdy. I've heard a lot of great things about you from the group, especially from CFP Admin.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:37 am

I'm 43,married, and I have 2 kids ages 3 and 7.

I was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived in Clearwater Fla. until I was 7. We moved back to Ohio in 1969 and we have been in the Chillicothe area until present.
I went to school at Ohio Nothern in Ada, Ohio and grad school at Ohio State. I currently work in the family business, mostly in sales and marketing.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:26 pm

Im 34 and Single....Live in Brooks, GA south of Atlanta.

Go Dawgs!!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:33 pm

Thanks Spence for letting me peak into your life. And congrats on your Buckeye's victory. I was watching it from a bar in Jax for little bit.

Thanks to you, too, Derek, for posting about yourself.

Now for a little about me! (I'm conceited):

I'm 19 years-old, and live in Sanford, FL (basically North Orlando). Right now I'm at my version of college... flight school. Owned by Delta Airlines. I am currently a Commercial Multi-Engine Pilot with my Instrument Rating, working on my Flight Instructor certificate. It sucks. I can't wait for this course to end.

My family (Mom, Dad, Brother, Grandparents and 2 cousins) all live in Central Florida as well.

My girlfriend attends UCF (yeah, I know, but I don't let her attend any of their games). We've been together (officially) for a bit over a year, now, and un-officially for about 5 years.

Um... nothing else. OH! I'm a native Floridian (born-and-raised) and hate every Florida team with a passion =] Namely the 'Canes, 'Noles and I guess the Gators.

Who do I like? Wouldn't you like to know! I have to remain impartial :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:11 pm

No you don't. No one is going to hold that against you.

Thanks for the kind words on the Bucks. If you would have told me that we would have two fumbles and two blocked field goals and would still win the game.....well I would have told you that's crazy.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Hah, well I'm glad that you all don't mind if I say who I root for, but CFP policy constrains my ability to tell you =] All CFP employees are unbiased when writing/ranking/predicting/etc on behalf of CFP.

And yeah, the game looked pretty... interesting. Still glad you pulled off the win, though.

Have a good night!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:14 am

Thanks, hope your team made a good showing as well.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:45 am

iiiiiii'm 36, married, got three girls who are way meaner than me, all pre teens with the hormones going into full swing at this point :cry:
i live in northeast alabamee, was raised to hate auburn from birth, i'm a nurse, worked in an ER for years then quit to stay home with the kids and to help husband get his business off the ground which he did and so now i do alot of artsy stuff and sell it out of my home and at craft shows. i got this puter so i could start selling my stuff on the net because i hate craft shows and my site should be up this month sometime.

i hope

oh, and i hate the tarded vols

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:15 pm

Me, well, I enjoy to cheer and watch a slew of football teams. I'll list 'em if you want, it could be lengthier:

1. Michigan
2. Western Michigan
3. Eastern Michigan
4. Central Michigan
5. Grand Valley State
6. Boise State
7. Texas Tech
8. Arkansas
9. Arkansas State
10. Northern Illinois/UL Lafayette (it's a tie here)
11. Every other MAC team not mentioned

My favorite conferences are the Big 10, the MAC and the WAC (best brands of football to watch, always fun to see them against other competition).

I live around Flint, Michigan, and I'm glad I don't live IN it. It's a hellhole man. It gets my vote for one of the most dangerous cities in the USA!! It is sad, back in the 50s and 60s (a little before my time) it was the place to be with General Motors and such. It was booming, but now it's all junk.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:20 pm

I guess this will be my last post, I was told I was making too many (accurate), and I don't want to be a nuisance, so I will refrain from posting in the future.
I'm 37 years old, single male have lived in same town (more or less) my entire life.
Never married (probably a good thing, too) and never really had any desire to do that, either, although I guess you never want to quit trying.
I have done a variety of things, mostly related to the food-service industry, most recently was a merchandiser for Coca-Cola (1999).
I also have done work related to construction, and have some experience with retail (K-Mart).
Presently I am unemployed, haven't worked in a while,and the economy is pretty bad where I live, which explains why I spend so much time online.
I have a passion for intercollegiate althletics, I don't really favor one team (believe it or not), but I would prefer to see some more inclusive way to select a national champion, specifically to football, as that's where my interest lies.
I attened University of Colorado, Boulder from 1988-1990. I also attended Colorado State University in 1993, major :computer science.
I had hoped i might find a career in that field, but so far hasn't happened.
I would like to thank Matt for doing a good job in setting up a board, and I would like to apologize to anyone who I have offended in my postings, which I realize now were excessive, and probably not very insightful.
That being said, I still disagree that a team outside a major I-A conference can't compete, this year I believe TCU showed they are capable, but you all may be correct that they aren't quite ready to play for a national title (yet).
Thank you for allowing me opportunity to submit my thoughts, in a way that hopefully created some dialogue, and intelligent debate.
Again if I said anything that was offensive, or hurt anyone I apologize.
And go ahead and remove my postings, as i will no longer be using CFP.
Thanks again, and continued success to all who I have met here.
Sincerely,
chris.

Return to “Off-Topic”